Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.1

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Telephony Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It took approximately 2 weeks. First was a telephone interview which consisted of competency based questions and some general questions. Next was the final interview which consisted of one to one interview and a role play.

Interview Questions

• about the company, what skills can you bring to this role? why RBS?   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a 2 stage process which tested skills, capability and comparability to the team and organisational values. Interviewers were positive and welcoming which made the overall process a positive experience.

Business Technology Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through early careers website. It had the usual cover letter/CV and then three psychometric tests in numeracy, logic and situational judgement. Was also asked to play a mobile game which assessed thinking skills. Then telephone interview followed by assessment centre.

Analysis and Business Solutions Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the spring insight at RBS, sent an application just before the deadline, got invited to do a numerical test and to play a game on a smartphone. Got a phone interview and after a final shortlist I got an offer. At the spring insight, everyone participated in an assessment centre on the last day after which I got an offer for the summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Questions about integrity, competency-based questions (worked in a team, overcame a challenge), why RBS, what do I like about this division, which subdivision would I go for, they wanted to see if I was paying attention during the spring insight and doing small "homework" tasks that were required (mostly related to personal development). At the ac, I was also required on top of the 1-hour long interview to reply to three mails in a timed session and have a group discussion. Many networking opportunities.   1 Answer

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

You send an application form, then complete numerical, logical and situation test. Then they invite you to a phone interview. Their interview is strength-based questions, so be sure to think about stuff like what motivates you, what makes you feel happy, what is a good day for you, etc. If you pass the phone interview, they will invite you to an AC.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? How would you convince somebody its better to work in a team?   Answer Question

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Core Segment () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency.
    Interviewed a month later.
    No reimbursement for travel expenses.
    Interview: HR representative and line manager. No tricky questions, just CV run over and competencies-based.

Neither the recruitment agency, nor RBS couldn't be bothered taking 5 minutes necessary to provide me with the outcome of the interview.
    I just reasonably assumed a rejection as time was passing by.
    Additionally, once ascertained the rejection through the numerous solicitations, a fair feedback was only a mirage.
    What is worse, both (recruitment agency and RBS) were emphasising the importance of a timely feedback for every candidate and guaranteed personally.

Shockingly unprofessional, I wish I didn't lose my time.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?
      why this role?
      other competencies-based questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then waited for about two month before being invited to AC. The AC process was pretty standard with a case study, group discussion on the case, presentation on the discussion, written exercise (replies to several emails but not e-tray) and an one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of leadership, team conflict, have you coached someone etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee - Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

- 1 to 1 interview
    - Group discussion, follow up individual presentation on groups findings
    - Email in-tray exercise

The whole process was fairly smooth, the environment was laid back and the interviewers were very personable and experienced.

Interview Questions

• - Why RBS?
      - Why Risk?
      - Competency: Overcoming difficulty? Team-working? Long term project delivery?   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got to an assessment centre stage which was incredible. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that my final feedback was very positive, very small things to improve on and yet I didn't get the offer. I felt like once you get through to the next stage the previous effort and information you give doesn't matter. E.g. I was told that I didn't shows I was open to challenges and learning, whereas that's all I want! I answered three questions about it in the telephone interview and yet I was told I didn't show it in the assessment centre (where they didn't assess that strength at all).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Tell me about a recent challenge you had to deal with
      - Tell me about a recent learning opportunity
      Assessment centre
      - Tell me about a situation where you teamworked and had to support a colleague   Answer Question