Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice interview process. They focus on the personal skills mote than technical stuff. I liked their interview process. However, at the end I did not like their feed back.

Telephony Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It took approximately 2 weeks. First was a telephone interview which consisted of competency based questions and some general questions. Next was the final interview which consisted of one to one interview and a role play.

Interview Questions

• about the company, what skills can you bring to this role? why RBS?   Answer Question

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

You send an application form, then complete numerical, logical and situation test. Then they invite you to a phone interview. Their interview is strength-based questions, so be sure to think about stuff like what motivates you, what makes you feel happy, what is a good day for you, etc. If you pass the phone interview, they will invite you to an AC.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? How would you convince somebody its better to work in a team?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

online application form--->situational judgement test--->numerical test ---->skyline game--->logical reasoning--->phone interview---->offer for spring week. Then during the spring week they conducted an on-site assessment centre to decide whether or not they will offer a u=summer intern position

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Core Segment () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency.
    Interviewed a month later.
    No reimbursement for travel expenses.
    Interview: HR representative and line manager. No tricky questions, just CV run over and competencies-based.

Neither the recruitment agency, nor RBS couldn't be bothered taking 5 minutes necessary to provide me with the outcome of the interview.
    I just reasonably assumed a rejection as time was passing by.
    Additionally, once ascertained the rejection through the numerous solicitations, a fair feedback was only a mirage.
    What is worse, both (recruitment agency and RBS) were emphasising the importance of a timely feedback for every candidate and guaranteed personally.

Shockingly unprofessional, I wish I didn't lose my time.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?
      why this role?
      other competencies-based questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got to an assessment centre stage which was incredible. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that my final feedback was very positive, very small things to improve on and yet I didn't get the offer. I felt like once you get through to the next stage the previous effort and information you give doesn't matter. E.g. I was told that I didn't shows I was open to challenges and learning, whereas that's all I want! I answered three questions about it in the telephone interview and yet I was told I didn't show it in the assessment centre (where they didn't assess that strength at all).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Tell me about a recent challenge you had to deal with
      - Tell me about a recent learning opportunity
      Assessment centre
      - Tell me about a situation where you teamworked and had to support a colleague   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

It is a 3 step process. A test online, a phone interview and a face to face interview. The last two step are quite similar, and involve competency based questions. The answer are marked against specific criteria.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online test and phone interview which lead onto a whole day assessment centre that involved multiple components both individual and group assignments/tests. Also included a more traditional interview. 7 other candidates were there for the assessment centre that day. All expenses were paid to get to Edinburgh.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other candidates?   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

First stage is numerical test and logical test. The phone interview is competency based and followed by an assessment centre. The HR are friendly and process takes a few months.