Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.2

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

You send an application form, then complete numerical, logical and situation test. Then they invite you to a phone interview. Their interview is strength-based questions, so be sure to think about stuff like what motivates you, what makes you feel happy, what is a good day for you, etc. If you pass the phone interview, they will invite you to an AC.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? How would you convince somebody its better to work in a team?   Answer Question

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Core Segment () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency.
    Interviewed a month later.
    No reimbursement for travel expenses.
    Interview: HR representative and line manager. No tricky questions, just CV run over and competencies-based.

Neither the recruitment agency, nor RBS couldn't be bothered taking 5 minutes necessary to provide me with the outcome of the interview.
    I just reasonably assumed a rejection as time was passing by.
    Additionally, once ascertained the rejection through the numerous solicitations, a fair feedback was only a mirage.
    What is worse, both (recruitment agency and RBS) were emphasising the importance of a timely feedback for every candidate and guaranteed personally.

Shockingly unprofessional, I wish I didn't lose my time.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?
      why this role?
      other competencies-based questions

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got to an assessment centre stage which was incredible. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that my final feedback was very positive, very small things to improve on and yet I didn't get the offer. I felt like once you get through to the next stage the previous effort and information you give doesn't matter. E.g. I was told that I didn't shows I was open to challenges and learning, whereas that's all I want! I answered three questions about it in the telephone interview and yet I was told I didn't show it in the assessment centre (where they didn't assess that strength at all).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Tell me about a recent challenge you had to deal with
      - Tell me about a recent learning opportunity
      Assessment centre
      - Tell me about a situation where you teamworked and had to support a colleague

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

It is a 3 step process. A test online, a phone interview and a face to face interview. The last two step are quite similar, and involve competency based questions. The answer are marked against specific criteria.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online test and phone interview which lead onto a whole day assessment centre that involved multiple components both individual and group assignments/tests. Also included a more traditional interview. 7 other candidates were there for the assessment centre that day. All expenses were paid to get to Edinburgh.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other candidates?   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

First stage is numerical test and logical test. The phone interview is competency based and followed by an assessment centre. The HR are friendly and process takes a few months.

Technology Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The SJT is easy and NT is quite toughI think, and I got through it unexpectedly. Then you will book a 30-min phone interview online , and the women would write down what you said while you are talking. The interview questions are classic and just remember focus on the 4 RBS core values. Then is the assessment day and you need to go through team and individual task.

Interview Questions

• Why is this programmme?
      A time you work in a team?
      What exited you when you’re faced with challenge?
      How do you make decision?
      Is there a time you are asked to do something which is not agree with your professional principles?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was competence based , primarily focussing on RBS values. I was asked question on all the 4 RBS values, serving customers, working together, doing the right thing, thinking long term. The interviewer described all the 4 values and then asked questions related to it.

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial testing involved the usual psychometric assessments, and then a phone interview which was a Strengths based interview rather than the usual competencies. After this I was invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a group exercise, a competency interview, a role play with a senior manager regarding what was discussed in the group exercise and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• Have you faced adversity and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question