Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.1

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

You send an application form, then complete numerical, logical and situation test. Then they invite you to a phone interview. Their interview is strength-based questions, so be sure to think about stuff like what motivates you, what makes you feel happy, what is a good day for you, etc. If you pass the phone interview, they will invite you to an AC.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS? How would you convince somebody its better to work in a team?   Answer Question

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Core Segment () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruitment agency.
    Interviewed a month later.
    No reimbursement for travel expenses.
    Interview: HR representative and line manager. No tricky questions, just CV run over and competencies-based.

Neither the recruitment agency, nor RBS couldn't be bothered taking 5 minutes necessary to provide me with the outcome of the interview.
    I just reasonably assumed a rejection as time was passing by.
    Additionally, once ascertained the rejection through the numerous solicitations, a fair feedback was only a mirage.
    What is worse, both (recruitment agency and RBS) were emphasising the importance of a timely feedback for every candidate and guaranteed personally.

Shockingly unprofessional, I wish I didn't lose my time.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?
      why this role?
      other competencies-based questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then waited for about two month before being invited to AC. The AC process was pretty standard with a case study, group discussion on the case, presentation on the discussion, written exercise (replies to several emails but not e-tray) and an one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of leadership, team conflict, have you coached someone etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee - Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

- 1 to 1 interview
    - Group discussion, follow up individual presentation on groups findings
    - Email in-tray exercise

The whole process was fairly smooth, the environment was laid back and the interviewers were very personable and experienced.

Interview Questions

• - Why RBS?
      - Why Risk?
      - Competency: Overcoming difficulty? Team-working? Long term project delivery?   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got to an assessment centre stage which was incredible. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that my final feedback was very positive, very small things to improve on and yet I didn't get the offer. I felt like once you get through to the next stage the previous effort and information you give doesn't matter. E.g. I was told that I didn't shows I was open to challenges and learning, whereas that's all I want! I answered three questions about it in the telephone interview and yet I was told I didn't show it in the assessment centre (where they didn't assess that strength at all).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Tell me about a recent challenge you had to deal with
      - Tell me about a recent learning opportunity
      Assessment centre
      - Tell me about a situation where you teamworked and had to support a colleague   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

It is a 3 step process. A test online, a phone interview and a face to face interview. The last two step are quite similar, and involve competency based questions. The answer are marked against specific criteria.

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The whole process is quiet standard but the whole process took very long, apply in Nov and got AC in July. Applied online, filled in online application form, got online test, telephone interview then Assessment Center. For the telephone interview, HR asked why RBS, why Credit Risk, what do you think about challenges, and some competence questions such as tell me a time to help others, a time to collaborate team members

Interview Questions

• why RBS, why Credit Risk, what do you think about challenges, and some competence questions such as tell me a time to help others, a time to collaborate team members   Answer Question

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Application, psychometric tests (numerical and logic), situational awareness tests, phone interview and assessment centre. They say that the phone interview is a way of getting to know the candidate but its just a competency based interview with a call centre employee copying down your answer, not an actual recruitment agent.

Interview Questions

• They tell you its going to be a new type of interview that shows more of the candidate but really its just another competency based interview. The person on the phone seems to just be there to transcribe your answer and can only repeat they question. They won't prompt you or rephrase.   1 Answer

Business Technology Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Starts off with an online application form with the standard motivational questions.

The next stage is a Situational Judgement test which tests your ability to respond properly to workplace scenarios. A practice test is included with sample answers which was very useful.

Afterwards they send you Numerical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning tests with a few days to complete. These tests were the most difficult in my experience compared to the ones other graduate programmes I applied to - especially the Logic test. They are administered by TalentQ and would recommend practicing the tests available on their website as you get a full report after each test.

Next comes the telephone interview which is based mainly around the RBS core values so make sure you are very familiar with them and have examples to show how you reflect those values.

After I passed the telephone interview, I was told not everyone that passes gets invited to an AC, only their strongest candidates. I was then invited to an Assessment Centre in Edinburgh about 3 weeks later. The AC was one of the most enjoyable ones I went to and you get the impression that they care about all the candidates as we were all well taken care of. It had a group task, 1:1 presentation, 1:1 competency based interview and finally a case study.

I received my offer a week after the AC and would recommend applying here because I enjoyed the process and it seems like a great place to work for. The feedback I found here was very useful, which is why I've left this review to help out future candidates!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've shown leadership?
      How have you dealt with constructive feedback in the past?   Answer Question