Royal Bank of Scotland Graduate Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Graduate Trainee Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

assessment center include behavoral interviews and group discussion and a test on IQ

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

First standard application form online. Then online tests (verbal and numerical)- these were quite difficult. From here, telephone interview. The interviewer was nice and helped put at ease. Questions were fairly standard. They only gave one week notice for the assessment centre, which was good as there was less time to stress about it. This had mixture of individual and group tasks but was quite a long and demanding day.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I took the first round telephone interview in September 2016 after I passed all online assessments. The interviewer is super friendly and patient. Questions are strength-based interview questions and motivation questions.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Filled out an initial application form, this was then followed by an initial screening phone interview asking to clarify a few details as well as the few straight forward questions about why and how I applied for the position. This was then followed by a further more detailed phone interview taking around 30 minutes. where i was asked a few situational questions these were straightforward, finally they asked me to give details of when I followed each of the four main company ideals. After this they contacted me to attend an assessment day a month later, however i had already accepted an offer for a grad role so had to cancel my attendance.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of a time when you followed each of RBS's four values and the eventual outcome.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

After completing online application through RBS, I had to do 3 separate tests online. First one was logical reasoning, second was quantitative and third was business scenario questions. Never had to do the third one before with other applications. It was mainly questions like what would you do if you had an argument with another co-worker. After passing the tests, they will invite you to arrange a time for phone interview. It was someone on the other end reading questions off a list and typing out your responses. The interview was awkward and they don't ask you more than 4-5 questions. There's no follow up and they expect you to talk for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard. Mostly competency based, nothing to catch you out. I think the most important thing they look for is if you understand the details their grad program offers.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Four stage process:
    1. Application Form and Situational Judgement Test
    2. Online Numeracy and Reasoning Tests
    3. Telephone Interview
    4. Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• "People like to ask about risk areas for the banking industry. Why, in your opinion, do you think RBS is in a good position and what are the areas that it can take advantage of going forward?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved. You are asked to provide an immediate indication as to whether you wish to accept the offer or not. You are also made aware that your office location is not provided immediately and you will be informed in the coming months as to where the company will be placing you.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

(This is more for the Technology Graduate Trainee interviews)
    1) first round of online competency testing (which consist of reading, logic and math tests)
    2) first round of interviews by team lead and project managers (2 x about 30mins)
    3) second round of interview by regional managers
    4) Assessment Centre day. group exercise, individual tests, individual interviews