Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

2.9

221 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Inteview was detail and focussed around technology, process and overall architecture on mainframe legacy systems. The panel were very encouraging, trying to get best out of the candidate. They invited me to their Gurgaon office for day to conduct face to face interview in addition to telephonic round of interviews from India and UK.

Interview Questions

• About my past experience of DevOps implementation on mainframe   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First round was telephonic ,which took around 30-40 mins and questions were from sql,ssis.
    For 2nd round they call me for f2f at a weird timing id 6:30pm.I went there from noida ie 50 km.Interview was involved of avg sql,ssis questions.After that they give me question paper having easy qus of .net,sql server ,ssis .This test was of 30 mins.
    For next round which was managerial ,they again call me on weekday at 6 pm in evening.
    I clear all round,but in telephonic HR round they refuse to give me what i expected in package.They didnt consider package in my hand and was giving hike on fix part of package of current package of that time.
    Cab is for 12-9 shift only which is only for drop ,not for pick up.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Two inexperienced persons were on the interview panel along with a dozen of other such interviews taking place at the same hall in Gateway hotel in Chennai. The interview was totally unprofessional.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was approached by HR team for the Lead /Principle Business Analyst role at Gurugram Location. My resume was shortlisted and I was provided 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM interview slot for Saturday, June 17, 2017.
    · I reached the interview location 15 minutes in advance and notified designated HR executive.
    · I was shocked to see over 100 candidates invited for 15 PMO Lead/ Business Analyst Treasury positions all around the same or earlier timeslots. In addition, there were very few interviewers (may be 7-8 along with 2 HR executives ) to deal with over 100 candidates.
    · The interview process for everyone started only after 10:00 AM and I was called at 11:35 AM for an interview with Lead BA after made to wait without any reason for almost 2 .5 hour.
    · I believe the interview went very well as I answered all the questions correctly and was asked to wait for the result.
    · After waiting for over 1 ½ hrs, at 1:30 PM HR executive announced the names, including mine, of the candidates qualified for the second round and informed the second round will commence post lunch.
    · However, at 2:10 PM HR executive told me that we can’t proceed with next round and asked me leave.
    · Initially I thought there must be some error as I was clearly told that I am shortlisted for the second round. She told me that the interviewer has changed his mind and on inquiring the reason she had no clue.
    · I requested for a feedback from the interviewer on why the decision to proceed with my candidature was changed. After having waited for over 5 hours, I at least deserve 5 mins of feedback.
    · On insisting to get feedback, HR executives told me to wait and I waited for another 2 hours to get that 5-min feedback, which was denied.
    · On inquiring availability of the interviewer at 4:00 PM, I received another rude response that it will take more time without any indication on how much more time.
    · When I asked for some details like who is the Hiring manger and RBS HR leader I was told to go find that information from the company website.
    I am disappointed with the recruitment process of RBS India and how even experienced candidates are treated by RBS HR managers and RBS employees while conducting the interview drive.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions related to treasury operations and some basic questions about BA skills   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

- 1st was the Telephonic Interview
    - Called for In-person Interview. Flight charges were reimbursed.
    - Given back-to-back 4 Interviews. 1st was written; then a technical with 2 senior resources; next was Managerial round; the last was HR round. Luckily I was given the decision on the same day. Salary negotiation took some time and I get the offer letter within a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Oracle DB, SQL, PL/SQL questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I gave interview at delhi location. There were 3 rounds.
    1) initial round- in which they check your communication skills
    2) online test- it was easy but very lengthy. It took more than an hour. there is time limit in each section.
    3) manager round- It was easy. Basically the questions were related to my resume, family and they will ask about different questions according to the company's culture. They just want to know that how will you cop with the situation.

HR team is good and helpfull. Overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RBS ?   1 Answer

Test Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, i got a call from the HR dept. & she told me that my C.V got shortlisted for the QA/Testing position & they want to meet for f-2-f round @ their Gurgaon office location. It was on 8-May-17. So, i insisted her to call me on the same day as i am working in Chandigarh with Fidelity. And she got convinced & called me on the same day.
    I went there. Firstly, i should say the process of recruitment is very slow like they don't know where to call candidate for the interview like on which floor 1st or 2nd ? Secondly, the technical team was very good & experienced people were sitting at their level like Technical Lead & Manager to whom i was interacted.
    My interview went very well- firstly, manager took my C.V & handover to one of his senior team member in his team. It went very well because i was too confident & knows all the things which she asked from me at that time.

But after that i am still waiting for their feedback & result. It has been now 6-days passed down. I don't know what they r waiting for. They dhould share the feedback with the candidate ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Everything was related with my C.V + general ques like SDLC models, SQL queries & joins & related with my current jobs & responsibilities. This round run upto 30-40 mins.
      After gone through this round they called me for Managerial rounds & he asked me about myself + the same testing related questions + my project related things, my personal experiences + Professional Summary or so on. He asked my about my CCTC, Notice Period & also about my ECTC.   Answer Question

Web Chat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

three rounds
    hr round basic introduction
    test basic aptitude and typing
    managerial round - this is detailed intereview cross questions on resume
    3 situational questions
    1. if you having difficulty achiving your targets and your manager complains how will you handle situation?
    2. do you have accuracy or eye for detail for your work?

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. The first round was a basic HR round. The second round was an aptitude test based on accounts, financial ratios, financial statement analysis, etc. The final round was a technical round conducted by the department/ team manager.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an eLitmus test and after clearing the Aptitude and Technical MCQ tests we were called for the interviews.
    The interview was mainly an HR Interview with basic questions . The main focus was on Communication Skills and Technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourselves in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself .
      Tell me a situation where you did not like to do something but you did it anyway   Answer Question