Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

they did not seem to care much about my answers to their questions, just my personality.
    asked a couple of math ee brain teasers, again did not really have anything to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in investment banking with the less than favorable image the industry has
      after the crisis?
      1 Answer

FXMM Settlements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, then contacted via email by a recruiter. Had 2 30 min interviews setup back to back.

Senior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in September 2011.

Interview

Met head of trading and head of equities. Quick process and spoke on the phone with he head do trading in London after. Questions were straight forward and people were pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that hard mainly questions about markets and experience. Most questions are straight forward and every trader should know.   Answer Question

No guarantee

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews on campus. Mostly behavioral questions about resume. Asked about Strengths/weaknesses a time I faced a challenge.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewers were very nice and neutral. Do not mention something that you are not 100% sure to discuss because the interviewer can use that against you. In addition, the interviewers from RBS were very keen to get to know you better apart from your resume which was very helpful.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

HR staff seemed unprofessional, internal recruiter called in sick the morning of my interview and didn't tell anyone. I showed up on time for my interview and had to sit in the lobby for 40 minutes before someone finally came down to let me in.
    When the interview finally started I met with 4 different people, one equal to my level and three more senior managers. They seemed smart, but the role they were considering me for was probably better suited for someone more junior.

Interview Questions

• What significant accomplishments in your previous job would prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in October 2010.

Interview

Met with a woman for about a half an hour and she just asked standard questions. Why do you want to work here? Why RBS? Tell me about your background.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in March 2010.

Interview

Passed a first round phone interview with ease, mostly fit questions and basic "do you know what IB is" sort of thing. Second round was the superday at Stamford, CT HQ with a couple back to back 1:1's, first focusing more on general acct/fin/business knowledge, the second really drilling down to understand b/s, i/s and macro econ issues.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Stamford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Although I felt the interview process was coordinated very well by HR, I felt there was very poor follow-up from HR after the interview was completed. I never heard back from any one on the status of the position or if I was still a qualified candidate. Regardless of the outcome, a simple update would have been appreciated. The building and office is very nice however, there is limited areas to go to for lunch outside the area. Most employees stay in the building every day for lunch. Employees were dressed casual, some a bit too casual for the working environment. It seemed like a very down to earth environment. All the RBS employees' I met with were very nice and professional. The train station from Manhattan was very close by and it is a 45 minute commute for those traveling from the city.

Mortgage Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was the application online, followed immediately by an online assessment to demonstrate if I have the values to become an employee with the company and also questions on various scenarios on dealing with colleagues and customers.

I passed that stage and was booked for a telephone interview.

The telephone interview lasted about 30mins. It included brief run through of my cv, competency based questions and feedbacks.

Passed this stage and I am now booked for a face to face interview. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role.   1 Answer
    • Mention a time when you have had to provide customer service to a customer without understanding their needs.   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about ongoing professional development   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you have been asked to do something new/adapt to something new? What will you have done differently?   1 Answer
    • How do you see challenges and deal with them?   1 Answer