Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

Business and Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long. BUT the good thing with RBS is that they have low entry requirements. 2:2 and no UCAS points. So they test you heavily instead of focusing on academia:

1. Applied online via application form
    2. Situational Judgement Test
    3. Some mobile app game - Can only be accessed with your unique code - This has about 4 challenges on it
    4. Numerical Reasoning Test (Not SHL)
    5. Logical Reasoning Test (Not SHL)
    6. Telephone interview - Competency-based mainly
    7. Assessment Centre:

a) Case study (Individual)
    b) Competency-based interview (Individual)
    c) Group discussion (Group, ofc)
    d) Presentation (Individual)

* The presentation and group discussion are integrated. Once you have discussed the solution, you present it individually, so make sure you pay attention in the discussions!
    * I participated in the group discussion but felt that the group were moving in the wrong direction. Some 'native' Asian students move quickly, but I was told it does not matter if they are right or wrong, just participate "as a team" and you will be marked positively. (Learn from my experience)
    * They told me straight away after the telephone interview whether I was accepted
    * They pay up to £150 for travel and pay for accommodation if you live more than 3 hours away
    * They give you individual feedback which is a nice touch within 3 working days

Business & Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

1. Applied online via application form
    2. Situational Judgement Test
    4. Numerical Reasoning Test (Not SHL)
    5. Logical Reasoning Test (Not SHL)
    6. Telephone interview - Competency-based mainly
    7. Assessment Centre:

a) Case study (Individual)
    b) Competency-based interview (Individual)
    c) Group discussion (Group, ofc)
    d) Presentation (Individual)

* They give you individual feedback which is a nice touch within 3 working days

Personal Baning Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

online application, online aptitude test, telephone interview, on-one interview with role play.
    Long winded all the stages overlapped and was very repetitive in tone and questions asked.
    The role is new, first time they had offered it and it showed. Interviewer not well prepared and didnt put me at ease as a result. Asked to move on from 1 question as I had a blank moment and couldnt think, was not given the opportunity to return to this question which I feel may have gone against me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you heard a colleague give incorrect information?   Answer Question

Risk Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the risk graduate programme
    1. Situational judgement test (22 q's)
    2. Firefly freedom game
    3. Numerical Test
    4. Logical test
    5. Telephone interview
    6. Assessment centre

The telephone interview is mostly behavioural, they didn't ask any technical questions. Also, they do not ask follow-up questions, so make sure to answer the Q and provide an example.

Interview Questions

• Why risk, why RBS, which value I relate to the most, what is exciting about challenges.   Answer Question

Junior Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

Starting with a one on one conversation. later another employee joined the conversation. It was mainly about my motivation and my knowledge of the financial news. Further it was about how I would like to develop myself within RBS. Later they explained in what line of business they would like to develop the bank.

Senior Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Day1: 1hr written & 1st f2f (muti-threading), HR said your skillset matches another requirement for AngularJS and Web stack
    Day 2: HR called and re-scheduled for next day, she sent me the new JD in which Spring, Hibernate, Node, AMD were mentioned but no AngularJS was present.
    Day 3: 2nd f2f for multi-threading questions, 3rd f2f for Angular and JS OOPS framework, 4th f2f and once again same multi-threading & generics questions asked previously in written,1st & 3rd f2f round.

Interview Questions

• Volatile, Immutable, multi-threading, public private protected, overriding , overloading   Answer Question

Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

my interview was informal and comfortable. there were two interviewers, however one was only taking notes and they asked mainly competency questions and to provide examples with each answer. I was also asked to write a letter to demonstrate certain skills that the job required testing whether instructions were followed correctly.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you have found it difficult working as part of a team   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was working with RBS Business Service India Pvt. Ltd. as a Client Service Representative for 8 years. Joined as Office worked through various processes and gaining promotions reaching to Manager.

Interview Questions

• Since you are already a manager in your current role in India why do you want to join as an Associate?   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

first round of interview would be telephonic which would go on for one hour and the second round would be another 1 hour face to face interview. The final round would a one on one personal discussion with HR

Interview Questions

• Technical question about Oracle Triggers   1 Answer

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview

Went through a list of questions, such as competency questions, market news, hobbies and interests, why RBS, why international banking, why you, I have you done to make you different, example of leadership, example of teamwork, example about solving different situation, example about conflicts, example about how to deal with different ideas, example of learning something new, example of proactive thinking

Interview Questions

• how to cut cakes to 8 pieces within 3 cuts   1 Answer