Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland International Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland International

Junior Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

Starting with a one on one conversation. later another employee joined the conversation. It was mainly about my motivation and my knowledge of the financial news. Further it was about how I would like to develop myself within RBS. Later they explained in what line of business they would like to develop the bank.

Senior Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Day1: 1hr written & 1st f2f (muti-threading), HR said your skillset matches another requirement for AngularJS and Web stack
    Day 2: HR called and re-scheduled for next day, she sent me the new JD in which Spring, Hibernate, Node, AMD were mentioned but no AngularJS was present.
    Day 3: 2nd f2f for multi-threading questions, 3rd f2f for Angular and JS OOPS framework, 4th f2f and once again same multi-threading & generics questions asked previously in written,1st & 3rd f2f round.

Interview Questions

• Volatile, Immutable, multi-threading, public private protected, overriding , overloading   Answer Question

Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

my interview was informal and comfortable. there were two interviewers, however one was only taking notes and they asked mainly competency questions and to provide examples with each answer. I was also asked to write a letter to demonstrate certain skills that the job required testing whether instructions were followed correctly.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you have found it difficult working as part of a team   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

first round of interview would be telephonic which would go on for one hour and the second round would be another 1 hour face to face interview. The final round would a one on one personal discussion with HR

Interview Questions

• Technical question about Oracle Triggers   1 Answer

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview

Went through a list of questions, such as competency questions, market news, hobbies and interests, why RBS, why international banking, why you, I have you done to make you different, example of leadership, example of teamwork, example about solving different situation, example about conflicts, example about how to deal with different ideas, example of learning something new, example of proactive thinking

Interview Questions

• how to cut cakes to 8 pieces within 3 cuts   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial application form, numerical and logical tests (bit different to shl so could require a little extra practise), telephone interview. Telephone interview is conducted in a very professional manner and the interviewer was very friendly. Usual competency questions - Why RBS? Why Commercial Banking? What challenges does RBS face? Focus on the tips that RBS send when you are invited to the interview and on the star technique. Make sure you have example of the RBS competencies.

Capital Markets Interview

Interview

wrote two SWOT analysis, group discussion, role play, both technical and non technical interview questions.
    first three parts based on information given by RBS, top tip I will give is to be quick. Personally I do not think the interview could be prepared, so be yourself on the day. problem solving skills are essential

Interview Questions

• It seems we were expected to memorize some key figures from the information given   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview

it was 2 round process aptitude test and interview took a day to complete the process. the company came for campus recruitment and there i got the opportunity.
    it startewd with an aptitude test that cponsists of logical resoning, aptitude, geral question, writing skills and english skills.
    after that a short interview of 15--20 minutes

Interview Questions

• it wass simple interview based on whatever you have written on your resume and you rpojects done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews - one with the HR and one with the Managing Director of the department. The round with the HR was pleasant but quite confusing about the documentation requirements and stipend. The round with the Managing Director was excellent. He was a very kind, understanding and humble person.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions relating to financial ratios and financial statements   1 Answer

Technology Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland International.

Interview

Was invited to telephone interview. Questions were mostly competency based: Why RBS why this program? The issues RBS currently facing? A situation where your teammates is unethical? A time when you helped someone?

The guy was quite nice and it was my problem in delivery that led to the failure. Best of the luck for everyone!