Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland

Risk Control Interview

Interview

2 behavioral interviews. Both were done over the phone as I was living in the United States at the time of the interview. The interview process was fairly easy with general behavioral questions about strengths, weaknesses, leadership, etc.

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview process was having 1 written, 2 technical, 2 managerial and 1 hr round.
    Criteria was 5+yrs of experience in automation
    Mine was 4.3 however i got an invite so i attended the interview.

Written round was having 20 questions on Java which were easy to medium complexity having 30 mins cut off time.

Technical f2f round lasted around 45 mins.

Gave the first round and I was told to wait for the second round.
    Waited for around 3hrs and meanwhile observed the candidates having higher years of experience are preferred for the f2f interview first.

After waiting for 3hrs got a f2f interview and answered all the questions.
    After that I was told that I was not able to clear the 2nd round.

What I conclude from whole experience is that please make sure that you are meeting the yrs of experience expectation regardless of invite received or not.

My 7 hrs wasted, please do the math and then attend the interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview of RBS goes in 3rounds . Firstly the introduction round happens followed by an aptitude test and then personal interview . In PI , all the situational based questions are asked.

Client Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 3-4 in person interviews in Stamford office. Everyone was very nice and transparent about the position and what it takes to be successful in the position.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone confirmation of personal details then 4 competency based questions. Interviewer was friendly seemed interested in my replies, follow up questions were very specific so helped me not to babble to much (nerves!)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a customer   1 Answer

Internal Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me in a few weeks, I passed a behavioural test, an integrated reasoning test, math test and phone interview, but was never called for the assessment day in Edinburgh.

Interview Questions

• It was a strength based interview, so basically I was asked to describe situations in which I succeeded by using my skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Conduct & Regulatory Affairs position, London office. The process took roughly a month. After applying online, did a situational judgement test, one logical test, one numerical test. Five days later, received an invitation for a phone call. RBS did strength-based interview, not competency-based. So it may be quite tricky for American students. Overall the process was good, but question types really toughened the work. The interviewer sounded uninterested in my answers throughout the interview, which was bad. There was barely any interactions between she and I. She just said "good, next question" after every answer. Kinda boring.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview (strength based). They arranged a time to call about a week in advance, saying the interview would last around 30 minutes. Interviewer was not allowed to rephrase questions, and stuck to a predetermined script. Interview ended up taking only 20 minutes, and no advice was given as to the length of answers required.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

on site interview with 3 people respectively, got the offer within 2-3 weeks, back ground check and paper preparation for 1 month. mostly behavior questions and culture fitting questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

One on campus interview, one phone interview due to snow storm. Honestly amongst most banks probably the most casual and comfortable interview environment. Most of the emphasis is on why banking, why RBS, and why you are a good candidate.