Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2018

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

It took two one on one interviews to get the position. First with line management and second with senior management. The interview process was very informal within a friendly and relaxed environment. It was obvious that personality and character was as important as work experience.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3weeks, very informal, met with 5 sr leaders in same day, most asked similar questions, 3 were busy with their phones during interview. One would not look me in the eyes. All were emphatic that ribs had turned the corner.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

Remote interview initially. Gave me 2 take-home tests which took around 25 hours to complete. Nailed the first one & pretty certain I got the 2nd one correct as well. Pointed out some bugs in the sample results.

Since this was a real production code problem, I probably fixed it for them. So, I don't have a very high opinion of the company or the individual that interviewed me for it, who is a VP.

They wanted me to pay to come out and interview with them in Utah. I declined. Very cheap company.

Interview Questions

• It was 2 take home problems that took at least 25 hours to complete.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
    I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to one job, but qualified for a few so I had two interviews by two teams. I applied online and a RBS rep got back to me within a week. The process took three-four weeks from application to interview. Interview was fairly easy. The only difficult part is that you are being interviewed by 2 teams of 3 people performing 3 different functions so it's hard to cater to one function and show why you are a good fit.

Complaint is that RBS HR at the Stamford, NY is incredibly slow from application, interview, and response. They did not even reply with a definitive yes or no. Look, if you're scared of hurting my feelings, I can deal with rejection, but I cannot get back wasted time so please don't waste my time on my job search.

Building is state of the art. They have a large trading floor, gym (with sauna), food courts, and roof top dining.

Anyone would be lucky to work there because the building is great, but RBS is a dying company and shrinking its US presence...just read what the CEO is saying. Anyways upwards and onwards.

I didn't like some of the WASPY characters and I knew I wouldn't get it because of a lack of diversity in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what brings you into RBS today.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I was selected for an on campus interview.half hour 2-1 with recent full time employees. Got a call back to come for the "Super Friday" in Stamford. Met with many other students who were interviewing for all summer positions. Had two separate half hour interviews again 2-1 with managers in the department. I am waiting to send thank you emails this monday and will wait to hear back. I thought it was a little odd they are the by far the quickest for having both interviews done before other companies even offer the first interview times. Stamford is nice, and RBS is known for their comfortable working environment.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy and simple interview, basic questions, casual Managers and conversation. Felt comfortable throughout the entire interview. I met with 3 different people, The managing director, director,then the direct manager. They all asked similar questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your resume, why RBS, what can you bring to this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (India, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

easy. usual interview questions about strength and weakness, your career objectives, wat to you see in 5 yrs time. interviewers are quite easy going and interested in your career motivations and how the organisation can fit to your requirements.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

Interview

horrible. i would never want to work here. since a conference room was unavailable for the interaview, they took me to the printing room for the interview. pathetic! the people are ok. very blue collared individuals. never again. turnt up. all day. eveeeery day.