Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

273 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Female Leaders Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Firstly I had to submit my CV alongside a few questions about why I wanted to work at RBS and my personal details/qualifications. Then I had to take situational judgement, numerical and logical tests, none of which were overly difficult, followed by a telephone interview, which had a "skills based" approach. The final stage of the application involves being shortlisted before being selected, however I did not make it this far, as the interviewer judged that I was not motivated enough to gain a place on this particular program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this program in particular?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me in a few weeks, I passed a behavioural test, an integrated reasoning test, math test and phone interview, but was never called for the assessment day in Edinburgh.

Interview Questions

• It was a strength based interview, so basically I was asked to describe situations in which I succeeded by using my skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Conduct & Regulatory Affairs position, London office. The process took roughly a month. After applying online, did a situational judgement test, one logical test, one numerical test. Five days later, received an invitation for a phone call. RBS did strength-based interview, not competency-based. So it may be quite tricky for American students. Overall the process was good, but question types really toughened the work. The interviewer sounded uninterested in my answers throughout the interview, which was bad. There was barely any interactions between she and I. She just said "good, next question" after every answer. Kinda boring.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview (strength based). They arranged a time to call about a week in advance, saying the interview would last around 30 minutes. Interviewer was not allowed to rephrase questions, and stuck to a predetermined script. Interview ended up taking only 20 minutes, and no advice was given as to the length of answers required.

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Applied online through campus career site. After about a week got an on campus interview. Interview was mostly behavior and just trying to get to know you. Interviewer was very nice and was pretty relaxed. I only got asked one technical question, how would you assess the credit of a company?

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What would you look at when looking at the credit of a company?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to one job, but qualified for a few so I had two interviews by two teams. I applied online and a RBS rep got back to me within a week. The process took three-four weeks from application to interview. Interview was fairly easy. The only difficult part is that you are being interviewed by 2 teams of 3 people performing 3 different functions so it's hard to cater to one function and show why you are a good fit.

Complaint is that RBS HR at the Stamford, NY is incredibly slow from application, interview, and response. They did not even reply with a definitive yes or no. Look, if you're scared of hurting my feelings, I can deal with rejection, but I cannot get back wasted time so please don't waste my time on my job search.

Building is state of the art. They have a large trading floor, gym (with sauna), food courts, and roof top dining.

Anyone would be lucky to work there because the building is great, but RBS is a dying company and shrinking its US presence...just read what the CEO is saying. Anyways upwards and onwards.

I didn't like some of the WASPY characters and I knew I wouldn't get it because of a lack of diversity in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what brings you into RBS today.   1 Answer

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

For the first round, I interviewed with an associate and a managing director over the phone. I was invited for a Super Day at the company a few weeks later. There, I had two interviews, both with two people. The first interview included a vice president and the associate who was on the first phone call. The second one included a vice president and a managing director.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
    I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

pretty easy, however the questions were not that easy. The questions were not cleared at first.
    Interview was on the phone, bunch of questions, also I was required.to do some online tests, like situational tests

RBS Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted my application through my school's career services website, interviewed 2 weeks later. In person interview, 30 minutes, no technical questions - all fit based. Great conversation about my background, experience, and what my career plans were.