Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very complicated

Interview Questions

• Why you want to come to RBS??...........there is no work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cool.........get some other company offer and get 20-30 % hike on that.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

After submitting CV for prospective Job received interview call from prospective line manager, after filtration was recommended to senior manager related to department. After successful interview got a call from HR & final negotiations were done.

Interview Questions

• How would you cut down at non-performing loans & turn the provisions into profits   1 Answer

Risk Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process is straightforward.
    two 2-1 interviews. all behavior questions.
    no technical questions at all

i have a better offer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Best to utilize headhunters to obtain interviews.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Interview

The job application process is extremely exhaustive and has a mix of everything from technology related interviews to 2 hour written exams. I had an interview with the client as well. In total there were 8 rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked 7 questions on SAS and SQL for which yo would have to write the entire codes. 2 Hour long paper.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. From there a phone interview was scheduled and then an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly fit questions.   1 Answer

Software Associare Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

It was a day-long interviewing process which followed a written test

Interview Questions

• Cost analysis of your engineering project   1 Answer

Negotiation

Campus recruitment

Interview

3 rounds of interviews:
    -one was an HR round- to guage fit with the company. generic & resume based questions
    -second was an aptitude round- was asked to solve puzzles elaborate on previous research posed financial problems,
    -third was a round with a senior manager, head of an entired division of the business, we had a discussion about my interests, which influenced the opportunities i got later in the business

Interview Questions

• asked about views on market which sector to invest in, which stock is the best and also the stock price for that stock that day.
      -third was   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

usual Grad assessment center as it is called. One full day with 3 tests 2 interviews 1group discussion and 1presentation

Interview Questions

• All typical personality questions and a few technical question on Java   Answer Question

Interview

Got 3 tests in 2 days, then a telephone interview.
    RBS telephone interview is outsourced. Therefore, I was talking to an Indian lady and she was typing my answers.
    Questions are very standard and there are two parts:

Part 1:
    WHY RBS? What do you know about Markets and International Banking?
    WHY Internship Program?
    WHY Markets and International Banking?
    Long term career goal?
    How would the position you're applying for help you achieve your goal?
    WHY Markets and International Banking?
    How did you develop these skills?

Part 2:
    What motivates you?
    Example of pursuing an opportunity and what motivates you. followed by given a second chance, will you do it again and what will you do differently?
    Describe a specific goal and how did you work for it?/ what's your motivation for that goal
    Describe a team work that you work for a ddl/ what is your role? what motivates you?/Describe the project