Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application - telephone interview/maths test, face to face- role play based interview, background check and CRB certifcate. heard back on the day. then a few training courses to get competant with the role

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

eLitmus test was conduct in college campus for recruitment. Shortlisted candidates were called for interview in Gurgaon office.
    There was group discussion, presentation of solution to a problem, technical question regarding designing object models for something, simple coding question , face to face interview with a mix of tech and personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• UML designs for a real world object   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to tell no to a senior or authority figure   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary and benefits were already explained and fixed.

Mortgage Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Three stages:

(1) Online application - Completed a form, submitted CV, and completed a situational judgement test which takes around 15-20 mins.

(2) Telephone interview - I was invited to complete this within 1 working day of doing the online application (I passed the test). This took 45-60 mins and involved questions about me, RBS and two competency questions (example of exceeding customer expectations and overcoming something challenging). I was advised almost straight away that I'd passed and was booked in for a face-to-face interview.

(3) Face-to-face interview - This took around 1.5 to 2 hours and was (a) General; (b) Competency and (c) Role play. Initially I was asked questions about my work experience, what I knew about RBS, what I expected in the role, why I wanted to work at RBS and how the role would benefit the customer; and the competency was 5 questions - one per value. The role play involved a call where I had to ask questions to establish and try and sell the best product from three provided.

I wasn't successful but felt this was a good interview overall - it was relaxed, the interviewers at all stages were friendly, and the questions were doable. I was provided feedback from both interviews so it was a good learning experience, and I'd definitely apply for RBS again.

Preparation tips:
    - Make sure your passion for the customer shines through - I knew after the face-to-face interview that I didn't do too well in this regard, my feedback reflected this, and it was probably the decisive factor in me not getting offered a job.
    - Learn and understand RBS's values - all competency questions at the face-to-face interview were based on the values, so learn these and think of a few competency examples for each.
    - Learn about RBS i.e. brands, divisions, some things you like about RBS, key products from the area you apply for etc. - my telephone interviewer was impressed by my knowledge on this, and you can keep your notes for the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a task you have undertaken in order to develop?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two panel-style interviews on the same day but in different meeting rooms. Turned out to be multiple teams hiring a BA so they were trying to see which team the candidate was suited to. In the end, I was recommended for a team entirely separate from those I initially interviewed for. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RBS from the news?   1 Answer
    • If you were working on a team project, what role would you play in the team?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Straight forward interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews and may be second interviews. In addition to the hiring manager, there are several meetings with other managers and staffs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and describe your recent position   Answer Question

Web Chat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

three rounds
    hr round basic introduction
    test basic aptitude and typing
    managerial round - this is detailed intereview cross questions on resume
    3 situational questions
    1. if you having difficulty achiving your targets and your manager complains how will you handle situation?
    2. do you have accuracy or eye for detail for your work?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then waited for about two month before being invited to AC. The AC process was pretty standard with a case study, group discussion on the case, presentation on the discussion, written exercise (replies to several emails but not e-tray) and an one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of leadership, team conflict, have you coached someone etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

online application, followed by phone interview, followed by face to face interview. most questions were competency based on previous work experience and personal life. phone interview was also competency based however it lasted longer than the face to face interview. it lasted almost one hour where as the face to face was over in about 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• give us a time where to you worked as part of a team, what was the outcome, any challenges you faced during that time and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Fraud Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

applied through an agency, and was interviewed general competency questions. later heard back from agency that I've been accepted for the job. not once did I meet anyone from rbs

Interview Questions

• name one situation you had to step in place of your supervisor   Answer Question

Client Outreach Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Pre-set in writing and read out by interviewer - very formal with hardly any informal interaction at all. In a room a small office across a desk. No eye contact. Interviewer read out questions and I as the interviewee had to write an answer - could have been done on line.

Interview Questions

• Standard really, best attributes, greatest achievement etc. what could you bring to the position.   Answer Question