Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

pretty easy, however the questions were not that easy. The questions were not cleared at first.
    Interview was on the phone, bunch of questions, also I was required.to do some online tests, like situational tests

RBS Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted my application through my school's career services website, interviewed 2 weeks later. In person interview, 30 minutes, no technical questions - all fit based. Great conversation about my background, experience, and what my career plans were.

AML Compliance Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Entire process took 4 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got about 10% more than offered

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. Typically a second year analyst that wants to make sure that you can hold an intelligent conversation and are amiable. (In S&T, your phone manner is very important as you're talking to clients on the phone throughout the day).

Second round was at Stamford, CT headquarters. Flew in the night before for a dinner and a meet and greet with current analysts and some people in management. You're given a schedule for your interviews that night. The interviews consists of three one on one interviews. The interviewers were from both the sales and trading side. They first one was fairly technically focused, the second was about a 50/50 split between technical and behavioral and the last one was almost all behavioral. They genuinely seemed like they wanted to get to know me and understand where I am coming from and what I know about the bank.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the rate you would charge a company when performing a repo? (Kept pushing for more and more details and factors, although not in an intimidating way, but rather to keep me thinking)
      I had done an internship prior that had required me to create a detailed report about the Fed's ability to spur continued economic recovery. This was probed in some detail and as they are a basically a debt shop, it's an area they know a lot about.   Answer Question

Rick Control Interview

Interview

Met with two people from middle office department for approx. 20 minutes each. Do not tell them you are interested in transition to a front office position.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

multiple rounds, one of the rounds have a mini-case. There are multiple supervisors attending the interview. Make sure you get to talk to all of them because you will get feedback from all of them during the hiring process

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (India, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

easy. usual interview questions about strength and weakness, your career objectives, wat to you see in 5 yrs time. interviewers are quite easy going and interested in your career motivations and how the organisation can fit to your requirements.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

It took two one on one interviews to get the position. First with line management and second with senior management. The interview process was very informal within a friendly and relaxed environment. It was obvious that personality and character was as important as work experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty seamless process. Applied on Monster. HR rep contacted me. Met with the hiring manager for about an hour and discussed some technical and behavioral questions. Received feed back in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

assessment center include behavoral interviews and group discussion and a test on IQ