Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Straight forward interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews and may be second interviews. In addition to the hiring manager, there are several meetings with other managers and staffs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and describe your recent position   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. From there a phone interview was scheduled and then an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly fit questions.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Best to utilize headhunters to obtain interviews.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very informing and interactive process. Started off with the regular chat on the the commute and travelling distance, followed by the weather.

Discussed my tech skils, how deep rooted they wew how I obtained those qualifications and where I used them. We also discussed my project management skills and general approaches and methodologies in PM where and who I used them. Also discussed the PMO processes, how to set up and mature it. What will be the key procedures in the PMO and steps required to set it up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

I was selected for an on campus interview.half hour 2-1 with recent full time employees. Got a call back to come for the "Super Friday" in Stamford. Met with many other students who were interviewing for all summer positions. Had two separate half hour interviews again 2-1 with managers in the department. I am waiting to send thank you emails this monday and will wait to hear back. I thought it was a little odd they are the by far the quickest for having both interviews done before other companies even offer the first interview times. Stamford is nice, and RBS is known for their comfortable working environment.

Capital Markets SA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a first round interview on campus and then a superday at the Stamford office

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone call with one of their recruiters and then I went into their office and interviewed with the Manager of the team and the Head of the department.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was a series of simple bond math and personality/fit questions with some market questions such as what's something you've read lately and your thoughts on it. Two 2 on 1 interviews with one on campus and the Superday at their Stamford headquarters. The fit questions were anything from personality to leadership. What is your biggest strength/weakness, etc. Know why RBS, why Markets (or whatever subdivision), and what roles particularly interest you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had recently, how you handled it, and why.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

very ad hoc. they are generally trying to sell the bank to potential employees to replace people who have left. they can't fill any positions with any decent people and pretty soon it looks like they will shut down the north american operation of the bank. no one should apply to work here unless you are really desperate for any work whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here.   1 Answer