Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

There was delay in background check and people being on vacation, otherwise pretty straighforward. Phone screen, skills test, in person interview, background check, offer, decsion, notice, start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stay firm in what you want. If it is reasonable from your background, experienc and market conditions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy and simple interview, basic questions, casual Managers and conversation. Felt comfortable throughout the entire interview. I met with 3 different people, The managing director, director,then the direct manager. They all asked similar questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your resume, why RBS, what can you bring to this role   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Long process, which they make you visit the office several different rounds. Must meet with over 5 people. Some with no obvious interviewing training. At no point did they ask any technical questions or verify that you actually do what you had written on your resume. This was made clear, as they hired people with little to no Excel skills.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Hartford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Approached on Linked in for the interview. Had a couple of telephonic interviews and then I was called onsite for the interview. The trip was well arranged, and everything was smooth and easy. On site there were 5 different interviews held, most of them centered around typical SAS related knowledge.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

Interview

horrible. i would never want to work here. since a conference room was unavailable for the interaview, they took me to the printing room for the interview. pathetic! the people are ok. very blue collared individuals. never again. turnt up. all day. eveeeery day.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Casual work-specific interview questions. The interviewer attempted to understand how I would fit in the organizational structure much more than required, I thought. I understood after joining why that was the case - the unit I joined was an entity they acquired from ABN AMRO and at that time, had a doubtful presence in US

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
    • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question

RBS Global Banking & Markets Program (GBM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

After submitting my application/CV through my university career website, I was informed that I was given an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a 2:1 interview, with a recent grad from my university who was working where I applied, and a senior member from another office. The interview was about 30 minutes, and was mainly fit (they did toss a brain teaser in as well). On the whole, the interviewers looked for primarily people centered and educated in finance, and a strong background and prior work experience in either investment banking or capital markets seemed to be extremely advantageous.

Interview Questions

• I don't see anything on your resume that would lead me to believe that you are interested in investment banking. Can you please explain why you want to work in the field?   1 Answer

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed through College Career Center, was a 2:1 interview, asked mostly fit based questions had me walk through my resume, finished up with some general market questions and my opinion of where the market might be by the end of the year, finished up with further description of the position.

Seemed to really click with 1 of the 2 interviewers, was not invited for a 2nd round

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a recent assignment/project that you found difficult, and how you approached completing it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was basic resume dissecting. Then the candidates are invited to the office where there is a rotation with two employees and a tour of office. Everyone was nice some technical questions and personal questions. The company has great facilities and good people. I heard from another candidate that they picked him up from airport and paid for his hotel.