Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Was called on the phone by the group manager to discuss my previous experience in the workforce; describe how I would apply it to a role in finance; and discuss a few ideas for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a task you've been asked to complete but have never done so before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

1 initial phone interview by hiring manager, 1 phone technical screen from UK, 1 face to face with 2 people

Negotiation

i asked and i got what i wanted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a three month process. I interviewed six times with my immediate supervisor and the executive for whom I would be working. They asked the same questions over and over and intimated that the gentleman was difficult with whom to work. I was fingerprinted and underwent a complete background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your executive told you to do something right away but you were working on a deadline on something else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

There was delay in background check and people being on vacation, otherwise pretty straighforward. Phone screen, skills test, in person interview, background check, offer, decsion, notice, start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stay firm in what you want. If it is reasonable from your background, experienc and market conditions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy and simple interview, basic questions, casual Managers and conversation. Felt comfortable throughout the entire interview. I met with 3 different people, The managing director, director,then the direct manager. They all asked similar questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your resume, why RBS, what can you bring to this role   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Long process, which they make you visit the office several different rounds. Must meet with over 5 people. Some with no obvious interviewing training. At no point did they ask any technical questions or verify that you actually do what you had written on your resume. This was made clear, as they hired people with little to no Excel skills.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Hartford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Approached on Linked in for the interview. Had a couple of telephonic interviews and then I was called onsite for the interview. The trip was well arranged, and everything was smooth and easy. On site there were 5 different interviews held, most of them centered around typical SAS related knowledge.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

Interview

horrible. i would never want to work here. since a conference room was unavailable for the interaview, they took me to the printing room for the interview. pathetic! the people are ok. very blue collared individuals. never again. turnt up. all day. eveeeery day.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Casual work-specific interview questions. The interviewer attempted to understand how I would fit in the organizational structure much more than required, I thought. I understood after joining why that was the case - the unit I joined was an entity they acquired from ABN AMRO and at that time, had a doubtful presence in US

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I did not have any contact with the company previously. I simply dropped my resume online and was asked to interview while they were on campus at my university. I was interviewed by two men: one VP and one analyst. The interview was almost entirely technical and one of them seemed to enjoy watching me suffer through the interview. I did okay at best.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through an adjustment you made on a purchase balance sheet for your previous employer.   Answer Question
    • How do you determine terminal value?   Answer Question