Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was cold and asked few questions. Not very interested in the process. Did grill me on parts of my resume. Be prepared to talk about modeling and other financial pieces. Other than that I just ran through my resume. I am not sure what she was looking for exactly. Did not give me much time to ask her questions.

Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

First round interview consists of fit questions. It was 2 interviewers at once, one from sales and the other from trading. They asked basic market questions as well as questions testing the candidates appetite for risk. The interview was easy in that no brain teasers were involved.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Greenwich, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was with 3 members of the senior management team in the Sales and Trading field at RBS. The interview was difficult because they had three people asking questions and it was hard to focus on one person. The questions were largely background information, but some of the questions were why sales and trading and why this industry. My answer were not sufficient in many cases and they kept pushing me for a better answer. I worked at a small financial firm and they asked what products I was most interested in and I struggled to answer not because I didn't know, but just because I never thought about what "products" the company offered. Looking back, I can think of a million things, but at the time, they did not seem to care because I had worked for an insignificant financial firm. I needed to give them actual and pertinent answers and while they said this was more of an "informal" interview, it sure did not feel like it. They played the "laid back" card, but this was not the overall feeling of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What products interests you the most?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

First you have your one on one interviews through your school. Then they invite you to a reception where you mingle with current employees. Then the second round is composed of 1 on 1 interviews with MD's and Heads of departments which are all fit based.

BANKING and FINANCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New London, CT) in April 2008.

Interview

My first interview was conduct on phone by the ABN Amro Bank N.V Pakistan and I've been ask for my qualification and general question and my learning experience during my internship with financial organization.

Interview Questions

• when I was new in field I was ask for experience.   1 Answer
    • What salary do u expect for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

mostly of the time I've seen that the employer ask for salary package and benefits and I usually negotiation o it. I just give them the calculation of rise in fuel prices and daily expenditure to meet my daily necessities.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an eLitmus test and after clearing the Aptitude and Technical MCQ tests we were called for the interviews.
    The interview was mainly an HR Interview with basic questions . The main focus was on Communication Skills and Technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourselves in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself .
      Tell me a situation where you did not like to do something but you did it anyway
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

Interview

Experience was okay. The interviewers were very supportive and kept the process as informal as possible. Easy process. Not much stress on technical knowledge. Just how you present your ideas and your personality are judged.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Easy interview, no technical questions asked as such , as most of the questions were based on prior work experience . Few questions were scenario based like what/how would i tackle a particular situation, or handling an irate customer .

Interview Questions

• what is DODD Frank, ISDA, derivatives ?   1 Answer

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Whilst the interview wasn't extremely hard, it was quite difficult for me to figure what sort of answers they're expecting / what profile they're looking for. It was a competency based interview, and the interviewer was very nice and friendly, clearly explaining the instructions before proceeding to the interview itself. He managed to make me feel a lot more relaxed than during other phone interviews.