Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online assessment then telephone competency based interview then face to face interview with 2 people in london Bank branch. First role play then competency based interview. Asked me 2 question from RBS value.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to consult many people for anything related to your work   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online Application Form, SJT Test followed by Numerical and Logical Reasoning and a Game. Then it is a telephone interview in which I was immediately notified I will be booked in for the assessment centre.

The online tests were stressful as I am numerically weak.
    The game had no obvious criterias in how you will be scored or how well you have performed.

The telephone interview was okay and straightforward. The assessment centre wasn't too demanding - I'd say the group discussion was probably the most tense as you really have to shine.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS?
      Why Commercial and Private Banking?
      Give an example of a time where you have show 'x' skill
      Give an example of a time where you have supported a friend/colleague to your detriment?   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round of online tests, numerical and logical.
    Then I was asked to dowload an app and play a game.
    All this first part was very fast, in 10 days i got to the phone interview, the typucal motivational-competency based one. After that, I was invited to the Assesment centre only 4 months later and I was requested to come the day after. Assesment centre consissted in case study group, normal interview and answering to three emails

Interview Questions

• Walk me trough your CV
      Tell me your strenghts and weaknesses
      Tell me about a time in which...   Answer Question

Private Banking Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online (nov), did psychometric (pretty easy), telephone interview with HR (dec) and AC (feb).

AC had 4 stages:
    1. group exercise about mobile banking app
    2. role play - to gather information about wealth investor
    3. individual computerised exercise - write 3 email (one was to correct language and tone of intern writing to manager within the same company, other was to reply to a complain made by a repeated customer, third was a proposal between two partnership companies, had to decide which company to partner up with and why)
    4. 1:1 interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Whilst the interview wasn't extremely hard, it was quite difficult for me to figure what sort of answers they're expecting / what profile they're looking for. It was a competency based interview, and the interviewer was very nice and friendly, clearly explaining the instructions before proceeding to the interview itself. He managed to make me feel a lot more relaxed than during other phone interviews.

Business Technology Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First were the online application and online tests (numerical, logical, situational judgement, psychometric game). Then there was phone interview which was mainly about the RBS values and examples of when I had displayed them in the past. Then invited to to their assessment day in London, which consisted of a group discussion, a 1:1 interview and a case study. Overall a good experience. As I was coming from outside London, they covered travel costs and a hotel.

Interview Questions

• The focus was on RBS values. Make sure you know them and you have examples in mind to talk about for each of them. The interviews basically went through the list of values one by one. The questions are similar to "Tell me about a time you did the right thing" or "Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle".   Answer Question

Sumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Application form, maths test, verbal reasoning, non verbal reasoning, personality test, logic test, 'cosmic' game on your phone. Each stage if you do well enough they will ask you to the next stage, then if you pass them all you get to have a telephone interview. After the telephone interview you may get asked to the assessment centre which is a whole day.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online at the website, they have several rounds of testing including a firefly game, numerical, logical and verbal reasoning tests. The response for each step was very fast, typically a 2 day turn around. Was invited for a phone interview, sounded like a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when disagreed with your superiors? What does our ethos mean to you? General resume stuff.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Did situational test and numerical tests. Was invited for phone interview. Interview was purely behavioural/competency based. About 6-7 question with someone from HR. Some differences between other interviews was that they asked what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. Asked about client and customer service.

Risk Interview

Application

Interview

Got passed the online test and completed their game (which was a very odd part of the application). Had a telephone interview and the interviewer was helpful in making me stay calm during the whole call. Mainly motivational and strength-based questions with a few competency questions. Important to prepare for questions about their values.