Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview took several stages, I applied online and took an online assessment about a week later I then got a telephone interview which consisted of competency based questions and then I finally got invited into a face to face interview which also entailed role play and competency based questions I'm now waiting to hear back from them

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview made up of questions to display logical thinking, job competencies and transferable skills, as well as commercial awareness. Commericial awareness focused on both the banking industry as a whole, and more specifically the business function I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the colour yellow to a blind person.   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Application Process (The general question why RBS and why commercial banking), Cosmic Cadet game (don't know what the use of this game was but i think one of them is to not quit too soon), then logical and numercial tests (very difficult but I don't think the pass rate was as bad don't fret just do your best.. it isn't necessarily multiple choice when it comes to numerical it's a drop down bar practice with their test publishers use talent practice, it really helped me) , telephone interview (not very formal, make sure you read and have preprepared answers have your CV infront look at their values and read their briefing) and then Assessment Centre (still havent had)

Interview Questions

• Telephone Interview:
      Name a time where you had to learn and adapt your approach to a situation to make changes?
      Name a time where you did the right thing?
      Name a time where you put someone or something before you to achieve results?
      Tell us what you know about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview wasnt that bad anyway, i was asked lots of questions but at the end, i wasnt succefull, the interview told me to come back and reply in 6months time.

Personal Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

After being selected for interview. Your are invited to meet with the hiring manager. There are always at least two people conducting the interview. The first part of the interview is structured using the the RBS people standards of which there are 9. Covering wide variety of business areas. Such as leadership, growing the business acting with integrity and so on. Your responses are expected to be delivered in the STAR format. SITUATION TASK ACTION RESULT. Giving a personal scenario of how you have demonstrated those behaviours. Your responses are then measured against a scoring chart level 1 - 5 each job role is expected to be at a certain level for example a associate personal banker would be level 1. Mortgage advisor level 2 and 3 and then senior management 4-5.

Once this part is complete you then take part in a role play with one of the interview panel. Your are given a brief. Usually convincing a customer to book a mortgage review with an advisor. You have 15 minutes to prepare. You're are scored here on the fact find, customer service skills, attention to detail and ultimately closing the sale, getting the customer to commit to an appointment.

There are slo some general tell me about yourself why you want this role questions thrown in as well.

Feedback after interview is also given usually within 2 -3 days

Interview Questions

• We like to ensure that we are one team here at RBS, with this in mind could you tell me a time when you successfully worked with other colleagues to achieve a great outcome for a customer?   Answer Question

Relationship Management Support Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

So firstly I had to apply online, and do a few tests (maths/customer service), then I had a phone interview with someone at the recruitment centre. It was basically just competency questions the whole time, it was about 30 minutes. They were mostly "name a time and a place when you have shown good customer service". The hardest part about that was they needed a specific answer of an actual time you did it.

Then a few weeks later I got an email saying I was successful and they give me dates/times of face to face interviews with the actual managers I would be working with and I chose one. when I got there one of the managers come to reception and took me upstairs into a private room where there was another manager, throughout it one of the managers asked the questions while the other rated your answers/taken down notes, they were similar questions to the phone interview questions, mainly competency ones and what your like as a person, I got asked what my friends would describe me as. that was the first half an hour, the second half an hour was a role play where the manager taking the notes would pretend to be a customer in a store (mine was an opticians) and they played a difficult customer and you had to try and deal with the situation.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to help a difficult customer, what did you do and what was the outcome?   2 Answers

RBS Spring Insight Days Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a telephone interview and the interview was strength based. The interviewer will ask you a range of questions based on theri culture and values such as the way of cutomer service improvement.

Complaint Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. I have applied through agency. Got the call from agency saying that I am selected for the interview. Interview consists of 2 rounds - Letter writing and face to face interview. In the Letter writing section, need to write a letter to customer with the result.

Interview Questions

• Need to respond to the customer letters received along with a solution.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about this role   1 Answer

Operations Graduate (Manchester) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

General motivational and strength-based questions.

Why RBS?
    What do you know about the role you have applied for?
    What do you think the day to day responsibilities are?
    How do you see yourself relate to RBS's 4 main core values?
    Tell me about a past teamwork experience.
    Tell me your dream job and how does this role help you pursue that dream?
    Tell me about your most memorable personal achievement.
    How do you deal with tasks with conflicting demand?
    Would you describe yourself as an individual who help and support others frequently?

Markets - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was a 30 minute telephone interview in which i answered some strength based questions. there was little in the way of competancy questions it was more just to get to know what motivated me as a person.

Interview Questions

• what are the values you live by when making a decision ?   Answer Question