Royal Bank of Scotland Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Screened by recruitment agency, recommended by a friend - hiring manager asked me in for a chat, met the team a and then to HR. A bit sloppy and haphazard as though they needed people desperately

Interview Questions

• What I did outside work, why should RBS hire me, did I get on with people   1 Answer

Lack of job security, archaic systems, low intelligence of staff

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

one telephone interview + 1 face to face interview

telephone interview with HR

face to face interview with the programme manager

interview is very straight forward and there is no technical questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First was telephonic round in which the interviewer was supposed to ask about my experience, projects and test my PM skills. I doubt the person has the capability to interview a senior candidate, he was all over the place, talking to himself, not paying attention, more interested in knowing my current salary and my expected CTC, was wondering if he was comparing it with his salary. He didn't even introduced himself, I just got his name. The painful process went on for 45min.

Then recruiter called & told, I cleared 1st round and asked me to come to their Ambattur, Chennai location. I was continuously shifted & made to sit in multiple floors, reception, conference rooms without having the interview and finally was confirmed of interview after a hour. And when I went there, it was a telecon with the same person who did my 1st round. If it's a telecon, I could have done via skype, when I asked HR, on why same person is doing the second round, she wasn't sure why, since the guy only insisted he does the 2nd round. The telecon was more pathetic, since the guy kept vanishing from the screen while I was answering, moves around the room, making it very distracting, most part of the interview, I was starring at an empty room & answering, for any answer I give, he responds like, its wrong but I was sure my answer was right.

Again question about my current & expected CTC, he isn't from Chennai and he will work remote, so he asked me if I will be available anytime he calls me & will go to office & connect. Then he made a comment that he wanted male candidates since women won't work long hours & won't run to office as he wants. I was shocked by his insensitive comment on gender bias during interview.

Looks like I need to work under that guy, I thought even if they give the offer, I can't put up with such an insensitive arrogant person. Finally to my relief, the 2nd round ended, he didn't even formally end the interview but shut down the video call & exited the room. Very shocking. Then HR sent a office assistant asking me to leave the campus. I understood, I didn't clear interview. But I was glad & relieved, I wasn't selected. It's not worth it.

Highly disrespectful HR interview process, very insensitive & biased interviewer & completely unhealthy environment.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was competence based , primarily focussing on RBS values. I was asked question on all the 4 RBS values, serving customers, working together, doing the right thing, thinking long term. The interviewer described all the 4 values and then asked questions related to it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

A competency based interview as was an internally posted position. Six questions around previous projects, what had gone well, what hadn't gone well and lessons learned. Had to wait a long time o find out I'd not been successful which wasn't the best. No feedback on performance received.

Interview Questions

• To describe a previous project and what had worked and what I'd learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online several times with resume being 100% match and over in gurgaon office. Finally, I received a call from the recruiter with just one question- what is my dob?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was comprehensive and there was a lot of information that was required by the interviewer which was not relevant to the current role though. Can be shorten and crisp.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

5 stages including CV review, case study, assessment centre, competency based interview and a meeting with the head of the department. It was a tough process and failure rates are high, but if you are right for the job you will get through

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Very easy process that was filled with all behavioral questions. Was referred by a current employee and had an initial phone interview with a member of HR. I then had two follow up phone interviews with members of the team and an in-person interview with a member of HR and VP I would be reporting to. All basic questions and was a very easy and positive process overall.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions were given. Examples:

Tell me about a project or task and how you have managed it.
      Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

It took about a month to wrap up the complete process. The normal of rounds are not fixed. I went through 4,some went through 3 or less.

The questions were related to project management and people management. in most of the rounds as it was expected.

Interview Questions

The salary was not meeting my expectation.