Royal Bank of Scotland Software Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Software Designer Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

There were 7 rounds of interview.

1) Written test. Some questions were MCQ and some of them were descriptive.

2) Written test. There were questions on coding. There were 4-5 programming questions. I had to write programs for them.

3) Face to face discussion.

4) Face to face discussion again.

5) Face to face discussion again.

6) Business Management discussion.

7) HR round finally.

Interview Questions

• 1) Garbage Collection
    2) Write your own LinkedList impl.
    3) Shuffle Playing Cards and distribute to the players.
    4) Indexs
    5) Deadlock
    6) Cocurrent collections
    7) Concurrent Synchronizers
    8) Write a singleton Cache
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

good interview process till last round.
    process will be clean till personal interview. after final round selection will be more based on college reputation. there r also cases of the most undeserving student getting selected through other ways, which everyone know.unless someone have extraordinary skills belonging to colleges other from delhi there are very slim chances.

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a cool interview.Interviewer was very friendly.He started with basics of c programming(which i have mentioned in my resume) and started asking questions related to data structures and algorithms,Networking.Questions related to Networking were tough.Asked me to code routing algorithm!!!!.also asked about Tries.

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

One written test - basics of Java, J2EE, SQL, Web services & XML
    First technical round - basics of Java, J2EE, SQL
    Second technical round - in-depth Java, J2EE, JDBC
    Managerial round - about personal background
    HR round - negotiation happens like anything.

The offer was given after a week but package is very low. HR's attitude is poor. Compensation they offer will be worse, less than market standard for same/equivalent position.

Interview Questions

• Difference between InitialContext in JEE5 and 6   1 Answer

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Written technical interview,One to one technical interview, Technical managerial round regarding current and past assignments and projects and then HR round.,..,....,..,,...................,.......,......... ......, .....

Interview Questions

• Data warehousing related questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very mature and focussed. Tests the relevant skill and approach rather than asking point to point questions. You may be given a case study to design an entire system from scratch and questions will be asked based on your response.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to prepare a batch system for a retail company.
      Technical details of distributed system and how they interact with Legacy systems like Mainframe.
      Stress on Database skills.
      1 Answer
    • Detailed questions regarding CICS and MQ   1 Answer

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a long interview process which lasted for almost 1 month with 4 rounds the first round was an HR round which was very basic and then 2 technical rounds and a final management round. The technical rounds were very difficult and specific so you need to prepare well for that

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very professional , 4 rounds , 1 written , 2 technical and 1 HR round
    Interview were done in very friendly environment. Process was very smooth. but HR took time to finalize the offer .

Interview Questions

• Previous projects and role specific. later asked some technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

2 technical, one written and then pre manager and manager round
    hr round is formality full day all round will happen in a dya and then telephonic round for rest

Software Designer Interview

Interview

there will be around 3-4 rounds. 2 technical and a manager round. focus will be on core java, multithreading, puzzle, algorithms.

Interview Questions

• find the top two numbers in a list of integers, list size in Gbs.   Answer Question