Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2016

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was an e-litmus test. Around 27 students were shortlisted among 180 students. After a week, the remaining processes were conducted. Group discussion was conducted for 30 minutes followed by a written test. Finally, there was a personal interview for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• HR questions, few technical questions like stack,queue, pointers,binary tree   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

RBS interviews are one of the best interviews i have attended. This one was for a java profile on July 30, 2016. The same constituted of

i) a written test (20 MCQs based on Collections, Multithreading , Exception handling, OOPS etc) and 4 programs to be written on blank sheets.

ii) Clearing the above round will take you to the case based design round
    iii) Next round is the technical interview round 1
    iv) Next round is the technical interview round 2
    v) Next round is the managerial round
    vi) Last is the HR round

A total of around 100 candidates were seen . It was a scheduled interview as the panelist had traveled all the way from Gurgaon to Pune for the interview process

********************************************************
      1) implement linked list ; do not use java's implementation

2) write code to restrict only 5 threads in a method ; a method signature was provided and the code was to be written inside a commented block.

3) implement multiple producer n multiple consumer problem using wait n notify methods

4) 2d int array filled with 0s n 1s ...if 0 appears in one row 1 will never appear further in that row. write a optimized program to find the row with max no. of zeros taking in consideration time and space complexity

IInd round
      ****************
      Draft an architecture for a trading based application which is highly scalable, performance intensive, does not allow more than 1 lakh transaction requests

IIIrd round (F2F)
      ************************
      => Best optimised solution for fetching 1million rows from a database and writing it to a text file
      => Java Code to implement the chess game
      =>Questions on debugging application with multtithreading -- core dump, heap dump etc
      => ConcurrentHashMap 's internal implementation
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. Written test of 1hr, Written test of 1hr, Written test of 1hr, Written test of 1hr, Written test of 1hr, Written test of 1hr,

Interview Questions

• 1. Objective question related to java and mainly of thread .
      2. 3 subjective questions , program for link list
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. First it was an aptitude test and a basic coding MCQ test. 20 students of different branches were shortlisted for further procedure. It was very professional interview process. The process included a GD, presentation, basic coding test and HR interview. The people there were highly professional and expected the same from us.

Interview Questions

• GD: We were in a group of 5 and were given different jobs and had to discuss as if we were working at that level.
      Presentation: In a group of 3, we had to do a case study and prepare a presentation on that.
      Coding Test: Basic level. We had to write 2 codes. One in C. and one was of Class which i dont remember. Someone with non CSE background can also do that.
      Interview:
      What are your future plans?
      Why not family business?
      Most unethical thing u have done?
      What do you know about RBS?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

RBS have fairly lengthy interview process. It took whole day

Round 1 Written(Core JAVA MCQ and 3 programs to write).

Round 2 Technical Interview (Screening for basic java knowledge).

Round 3 Written (Focussed on Designing).

Round 4 Technical Interview (Lot of discussion. Questions span from your design and improvements. Threads, Concurrency it could be anything).

Round 5 Manager Round( I was knocked out here. The manager didn't seemed to be of sound mind. Well when you go into organisations such as RBS you would expect someone with very polished inter personal skills and specially good with words and english.I must say he was very very rude no hello no thanks nothing and over top of it. He didn't uttered a single word in english. It seemed I was talking to a street vendor. Also I felt he had already decided whom to pick and my interview was just a formality. Despite, answering all the answers correctly I was shown out the door. ).

Round 6 HR

Interview Questions

• Design a chess board application. Design a shopping cart application. Wait Notify problem. Concurrency. etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

had 4 rounds. gd followed by presentation then technical interview. technical interview was more of HR type.The level of difficulty was good.They asked ques on environment cleanliness as well.It was one-to-one.

Interview Questions

• one logical question that you have two match sticks n 1 match box.one matchstick takes 1 hour to burn completely. how will you know that 45 mins have past.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Consultancy Scheduled the interview , they sent a link for online written test. Later in the next Saturday the conducted interview. It contains total Four rounds and one hr.
    1. Technical Round:- Asked the Question on Core Java , Struts, SQL, Servlets and Jsp's.
    2. Round :- It contains two persons interviewed me at this round one for SQL and other for Java.
    3. Round: It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management.
    4. Round : It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management. same as third round.
    5. HR interview they negotiating about the package like anything.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interesting to join in RBS, did your company offered any thing while you going to put paper   1 Answer