Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer Interview Questions

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very complicated

Interview Questions

• Why you want to come to RBS??...........there is no work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cool.........get some other company offer and get 20-30 % hike on that.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Consultancy Scheduled the interview , they sent a link for online written test. Later in the next Saturday the conducted interview. It contains total Four rounds and one hr.
    1. Technical Round:- Asked the Question on Core Java , Struts, SQL, Servlets and Jsp's.
    2. Round :- It contains two persons interviewed me at this round one for SQL and other for Java.
    3. Round: It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management.
    4. Round : It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management. same as third round.
    5. HR interview they negotiating about the package like anything.

Interview Questions

• Why you are interesting to join in RBS, did your company offered any thing while you going to put paper   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Attended for a Walk-in drive, The whole process is very cool.
    First round is on technical written test. Then I am through the next round which was very simple interview questions. After that, They took me third round which was just a casual talk about my projects career and interest. Now I was informed to be ready for HR round in next 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a change and how do you help our organization with your skills ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It depends on your skill set and technology

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Online written, Called for face to face after a 3 days, 3 Technical, 2Manager, one is face to face another is through Skype,
    Once you clear technical rounds youre through, rest are for formality

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was an e-litmus test. Around 27 students were shortlisted among 180 students. After a week, the remaining processes were conducted. Group discussion was conducted for 30 minutes followed by a written test. Finally, there was a personal interview for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• HR questions, few technical questions like stack,queue, pointers,binary tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

Got the email from naurki.com regarding the opening. I followed up with the HR contact and setup my interview. 2 rounds of interview were there after which they sent me home. Called me again after 1 week saying that I had cleared the interviews and i should submit my papers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

written test with logical and theoretical questions about mainframe technologies
    if cleared the next round 1:1 interview .. then 2nd round round with team lead or manager
    then final HR round

Interview Questions

• 1. one question to write SQL queries for selecting data like no. of employee in company and company id etc i.e order by group by and foregion key constraints
      2. one question on CICS where some CEMT statements where their which we need to define
      3. diff in dfhcomarea and channel container
      4. LUW and SYNCPOINT
      5 what will happen PROGRAM IS CHANGED BUT WE TRY TO RUN BY OLD PLAN
      6. what are cobol tables and how they are used
      7. how to optimise Complex DB2 QUERY
      8 how to optimise batch cycle if taking long time and giving many abends
      9. one logical question with reasoning

then 1:1 it was normal CICS DB2 cobol
      it depends on your interviewer

then managerial round
      with basic questions what you want and how you think of company
      where you see your self and why this company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round written test
    2nd round technical interview
    3rd round technical + management interview

3 rounds interview process took one day. After some 35 days
    4th round HR discussion (thru Phone) happened.

Written test consist both technical and aptitude
    In technical interview mostly written test questions are repeated
    In 3rd round questions are based on candidate's daily work
    In HR discussion % CTC discussion happened

10 days after HR discussion Pre Offer letter released.

So whole interview process took almost 45 days which is undesirable by any candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you compare two files and produce matched record in a file and unmatched record in another file?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Total five rounds of interview:
    1. technical written
    2. technical face to face round
    3. senior technical face to face round
    4. senior manager face to face
    5. HR only salary and job benefits discussions

Interview Questions

• Core-java, multithreading, collections, spring framework, problem solving, data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

RBS have fairly lengthy interview process. It took whole day

Round 1 Written(Core JAVA MCQ and 3 programs to write).

Round 2 Technical Interview (Screening for basic java knowledge).

Round 3 Written (Focussed on Designing).

Round 4 Technical Interview (Lot of discussion. Questions span from your design and improvements. Threads, Concurrency it could be anything).

Round 5 Manager Round( I was knocked out here. The manager didn't seemed to be of sound mind. Well when you go into organisations such as RBS you would expect someone with very polished inter personal skills and specially good with words and english.I must say he was very very rude no hello no thanks nothing and over top of it. He didn't uttered a single word in english. It seemed I was talking to a street vendor. Also I felt he had already decided whom to pick and my interview was just a formality. Despite, answering all the answers correctly I was shown out the door. ).

Round 6 HR

Interview Questions

• Design a chess board application. Design a shopping cart application. Wait Notify problem. Concurrency. etc   Answer Question