Royal Bank of Scotland Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round phone interview- FIT questions
Second round at Stamford office- focus once again on fit

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was completely unexpected, it was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. From there a phone interview was scheduled and then an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly fit questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was basic resume dissecting. Then the candidates are invited to the office where there is a rotation with two employees and a tour of office. Everyone was nice some technical questions and personal questions. The company has great facilities and good people. I heard from another candidate that they picked him up from airport and paid for his hotel.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard 'big company' telephone interview - didn't ask particularly relevant questions for the job, just a HR guy reading preset questions from a screen. This followed from rounds of online tests, and a strange mobile phone game. I did receive feedback which was automated, but it was at least a nice change to receive some form of feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online at the website, they have several rounds of testing including a firefly game, numerical, logical and verbal reasoning tests. The response for each step was very fast, typically a 2 day turn around. Was invited for a phone interview, sounded like a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when disagreed with your superiors? What does our ethos mean to you? General resume stuff.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New Delhi (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview had four rounds. GD, Personal interview, Technical Round and Presentation. They look for your communication skills rather than your technical knowledge. Group discussion consists of panel. Topics were easy. We had "Free Basics" for GD. Keep calm and give your best. They are very friendly. Speak fluently and voila. You will get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview - strength assessment

Why RBS?
    Why (division)?
    What values does RBS hold
    Give me an example of teamwork/leadership/when you needed to go against someone/showed creative skills

So basically it was all strength based questions, you need to show them you're passionate and fit in with their values (research these on their website and prepare examples)

Interview Questions

• Why RBS?
      Why (division)?
      What values does RBS hold

So basically it was all co
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2016.

Interview

It was a 30-minute phone interview, after finishing the online tests (Logical and Numerical). You can choose your own time via application system, and there was some materials provided by RBS that could help you prepare the strength-based interview.

Interview Questions

• Why RBS, why summer analyst, why this position?
      Typical strength-based questions: give me an example when you have a shared goal, etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre: 1 interview 1 group exercise and a follow up presentation based on the group exercise as well as a case study where you had to send emails to other people. Interview was mainly commercial awareness and competency. Group exercise was a case study about a mobile app and what features to include. Presentation was a role play where you had to present your ideas to the manager and have a discussion with him.

Haven't decided yet

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It is good and professional. One telephone interview plus one assessment center. Be prepared to do company strategic analysis and financial analysis in a group context. Be prepared to be asked about what do you choose RBS and why this specific division. Get some knowledge of the recent deals that they made. And know that RBS is undergoing restructuring. How the restructuring is going to affect the bank, etc. (Think more about the positive side haha)