Royal Bank of Scotland Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was basic resume dissecting. Then the candidates are invited to the office where there is a rotation with two employees and a tour of office. Everyone was nice some technical questions and personal questions. The company has great facilities and good people. I heard from another candidate that they picked him up from airport and paid for his hotel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. From there a phone interview was scheduled and then an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly fit questions.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round phone interview- FIT questions
    Second round at Stamford office- focus once again on fit

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was completely unexpected, it was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2011.

Interview

Very typical questions: Why finance? Can you discuss something in the recent financial news that interests you? aWhy RBS? Are you okay with working in Stamford (not NY)? They were really nice throughout the process. And 2nd Round Interviews were on campus the day after 1st Rounds so the process was relatively stress free compared to Super Days.

Interview Questions

• So day it's your first day on the job, and your boss suddenly gets called into a meeting and leaves you there. What do you do?   Answer Question

Decided to go into consulting instead

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online with an employee reference, had a great experience communicating with the campus hiring team via email. The phone interview with a member of the capital markets team was pleasant and entirely fit focused. Super day final round was two back to back 1:1 interviews with members of the team I applied for, both were fit and technical balanced, with focus on macro knowledge of capital markets and financials.

Interview Questions

• Possible reasons for Coach companies protuberance of equity over debt   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Online application followed by assessment centre

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

No first round interview - straight to assessment centre.

This was for their capital markets internship.
    Starting with a numerical test, then you get an hour to create a Powerpoint presentation, then the Group discussion is on the same topic. Then you have an interview based on the Group discussion, followed by a standad fit interview based on your CV.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Online tests, telephone interview, assessment center which consists of 2 individual interviews and one group interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was quite a let-down. The HR at first appeared quite pushy and the whole process seem a bit of a rush. Two or maybe three HRs were sitting in the same room which made it sound like being called by someone from a lousy shopping mall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example when you helped a person to achieve his/her personal goal. How did you motivate this person? What challenge did you face? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1st stage:
    why RBS, why this division, and all the fit questions

2nd stage:
    Relationship b/w bond price and interest rate
    Briefly describe the I/S from top to bottom
    Tell me the outlook of Korean economy in 2010
    Are you investing now?

Interview Questions

• 1. Define a volatility based on Statistics
      2. Define a price of bond   Answer Question