Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Mostly competency based, some questions around previous experience and what I could bring to the role. Interview usually with two people and was an internal role so no telephone interview just 1:1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Whilst the interview wasn't extremely hard, it was quite difficult for me to figure what sort of answers they're expecting / what profile they're looking for. It was a competency based interview, and the interviewer was very nice and friendly, clearly explaining the instructions before proceeding to the interview itself. He managed to make me feel a lot more relaxed than during other phone interviews.

Business Technology Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First were the online application and online tests (numerical, logical, situational judgement, psychometric game). Then there was phone interview which was mainly about the RBS values and examples of when I had displayed them in the past. Then invited to to their assessment day in London, which consisted of a group discussion, a 1:1 interview and a case study. Overall a good experience. As I was coming from outside London, they covered travel costs and a hotel.

Interview Questions

• The focus was on RBS values. Make sure you know them and you have examples in mind to talk about for each of them. The interviews basically went through the list of values one by one. The questions are similar to "Tell me about a time you did the right thing" or "Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle".   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee - Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

- 1 to 1 interview
    - Group discussion, follow up individual presentation on groups findings
    - Email in-tray exercise

The whole process was fairly smooth, the environment was laid back and the interviewers were very personable and experienced.

Interview Questions

• - Why RBS?
      - Why Risk?
      - Competency: Overcoming difficulty? Team-working? Long term project delivery?

CPB Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Mostly compentencies. HR can be very slow to response.
    Questions about understanding of the market and that of the division. Go to their website or wikijobs help too!
    Need to show keen interest. Ask questions. Read AR.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time you defended something that disagrees with your values   Answer Question

Telephone Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I applied on line through RBS.com after the online application I had a telephone interview which I passed. I went face to face for the final interview but I wasn't successful in the first final interview

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Screened by recruitment agency, recommended by a friend - hiring manager asked me in for a chat, met the team a and then to HR. A bit sloppy and haphazard as though they needed people desperately

Interview Questions

• What I did outside work, why should RBS hire me, did I get on with people   1 Answer

Lack of job security, archaic systems, low intelligence of staff

Product Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with 2 managers each time.
    CV review.
    Technical and scenario questions. No trap.
    Technical questions about P&L and Balance sheet.
    The interviewers identified my strength and weaknesses. Their feedback was spot on. My weaknesses were not blockers for them and they gave me a chance.
    Questions about personality.
    Nice interviewers.
    Quick follow up from HR

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2016.

Interview

Tests were unusual. completed on a gaming app on mobile phone. Found it very difficult to tell how successfully I had completed them but I passed. Did standard Numerical, Verbal and Logical tests and was then invited to telephone interview. Have previously had telephone interviews with RBS and found it much less 'friendly' than last time. Did not pass the telephone interview but thorough feedback was provided!

Interview Questions

• Why RBS?
      What do you know about the programme you applied to?
      What motivates you/ what values are important to you?
      How can the bank balance customer service/making profits?

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got to an assessment centre stage which was incredible. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that my final feedback was very positive, very small things to improve on and yet I didn't get the offer. I felt like once you get through to the next stage the previous effort and information you give doesn't matter. E.g. I was told that I didn't shows I was open to challenges and learning, whereas that's all I want! I answered three questions about it in the telephone interview and yet I was told I didn't show it in the assessment centre (where they didn't assess that strength at all).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Tell me about a recent challenge you had to deal with
      - Tell me about a recent learning opportunity
      Assessment centre
      - Tell me about a situation where you teamworked and had to support a colleague