Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 19, 2017

371 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contact Centre Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly filled in an online application form, there were a few basic literacy and numeracy questions. Completed and passed, then selected for a telephone interview, arranged a time to do the interview, lasted 30 minutes ish, basic questions, they were keen on the STAR process. Face to face interview with two line managers, basic questions on a print out of a bank statement - which is direct debit etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Telephone interview. Strength based. Mainly consisted of asking you to give examples of situations where you had acted in a certain way/achieved a particular thing. These were mainly linked to their customer service values which had been outlined in interview prep material.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation in which you have acted with professional integrity.   Answer Question

Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview- question based on RBS people standards.
    Strength Based Interview not usual competent based interview.
    Scenario based questions- what would you do in a particular situation if you were asked to do XYZ.

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers of one of the branches I would potentially be working at. It started off quite informal - questions about the role, my CV and the company - and then moved onto a few competency based questions and then a short role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team to achieve a goal or meet a target?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied for this job, did the assessment which involved over 20 competency multiple choice questions and was then put through to the phone call interview. The interview is broken up into 2 parts; a numerical test and a few competency questions. The numerical test consists of 5 questions; all relatively simple, with just questions that involve adding and subtracting- however one question was either written badly or I completely didn't understand. I wasn't able to move onto the second part of the interview because of this.

Interview Questions

• Paul has £8600 in the bank, and can save upto 1500, how much more can he save?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Extremely Easy, passed the app game, telephone interview, etc. Finished in the 96th Percentile for the Numerical Test.

Waited 2 months to be invited to the AC before giving up hope, got rejected 3 months later.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Completed online application.
    5 days later was asked to complete online assessments.
    Got an email about 5 days later offering to complete a phone call interview.
    The phone call interview consisted of a variety of questions however only about 2 were customer based the rest were knowledge about the company and my past experiences within customer service.
    Easy to talk to the interviewer and was a nice process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you provided exceptional customer service and went beyond your call of duty?   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a 2 stage process which tested skills, capability and comparability to the team and organisational values. Interviewers were positive and welcoming which made the overall process a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

I did the online application, online tests, and then the telephone interview. The interviewer was quite friendly, and explained everything very clearly. The interview did not last too long. Overall experience was not as bad as expected.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the best thing is about working in a group?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial application form + CV, followed by a strategic reasoning test, followed by "Cosmic Cadet", a game you play that is a psychometric test, followed by a numerical test of 12 questions. Did not get asked to an actual interview - many stages before that.