Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

Female Leaders Insight Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Firstly I had to submit my CV alongside a few questions about why I wanted to work at RBS and my personal details/qualifications. Then I had to take situational judgement, numerical and logical tests, none of which were overly difficult, followed by a telephone interview, which had a "skills based" approach. The final stage of the application involves being shortlisted before being selected, however I did not make it this far, as the interviewer judged that I was not motivated enough to gain a place on this particular program.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this program in particular?   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone confirmation of personal details then 4 competency based questions. Interviewer was friendly seemed interested in my replies, follow up questions were very specific so helped me not to babble to much (nerves!)

Internal Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me in a few weeks, I passed a behavioural test, an integrated reasoning test, math test and phone interview, but was never called for the assessment day in Edinburgh.

Interview Questions

• It was a strength based interview, so basically I was asked to describe situations in which I succeeded by using my skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Conduct & Regulatory Affairs position, London office. The process took roughly a month. After applying online, did a situational judgement test, one logical test, one numerical test. Five days later, received an invitation for a phone call. RBS did strength-based interview, not competency-based. So it may be quite tricky for American students. Overall the process was good, but question types really toughened the work. The interviewer sounded uninterested in my answers throughout the interview, which was bad. There was barely any interactions between she and I. She just said "good, next question" after every answer. Kinda boring.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Telephone, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview (strength based). They arranged a time to call about a week in advance, saying the interview would last around 30 minutes. Interviewer was not allowed to rephrase questions, and stuck to a predetermined script. Interview ended up taking only 20 minutes, and no advice was given as to the length of answers required.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

on site interview with 3 people respectively, got the offer within 2-3 weeks, back ground check and paper preparation for 1 month. mostly behavior questions and culture fitting questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

One on campus interview, one phone interview due to snow storm. Honestly amongst most banks probably the most casual and comfortable interview environment. Most of the emphasis is on why banking, why RBS, and why you are a good candidate.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3weeks, very informal, met with 5 sr leaders in same day, most asked similar questions, 3 were busy with their phones during interview. One would not look me in the eyes. All were emphatic that ribs had turned the corner.

Vice President Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Met hiring leader and coworkers. Found moral was down as they had and we're having a lot of layoffs. Offer of employment was held up until some news from HQ was in press and that announced more layoffs and possibly leaving Stamford CT. Add to that the salary and bonus was that of a manager's pay elsewhere and I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here when we are laying off half the staff?   1 Answer
    • Will you take the job with zero increase net comp?   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on rbs website and I was called in for in person interview a week later. The interview took about what hours, I met with 3 different people. Some behavioral and some technical interviewsupport. I got an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What ITGCs have you tested and what findings did you get.   Answer Question