Royal Bank of Scotland Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Bank of Scotland Vice President Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I started working at RBS as a contractor and then was hired as a full time employee, as are many contractors. At the present time, the company is trying to eliminate contractors since they are more costly than are full time employees, which RBS doesn't pay well.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions: it was simply a matter of "do you want the job or we will get rid of you".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - here's the pay, take or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

1 initial phone interview by hiring manager, 1 phone technical screen from UK, 1 face to face with 2 people

Negotiation

i asked and i got what i wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in August 2011.

Interview

There was delay in background check and people being on vacation, otherwise pretty straighforward. Phone screen, skills test, in person interview, background check, offer, decsion, notice, start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stay firm in what you want. If it is reasonable from your background, experienc and market conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Casual work-specific interview questions. The interviewer attempted to understand how I would fit in the organizational structure much more than required, I thought. I understood after joining why that was the case - the unit I joined was an entity they acquired from ABN AMRO and at that time, had a doubtful presence in US

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Stamford, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first with the direct manager and her associates. An interview - at a later date - with the division head. I believe that the first interview was to assess my abilities and competence in the field, and that the interviewers discussed among themselves my background. Afterwards, the second interview was simply to see if the division head liked me.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 Technical and 3 Non Technical Rounds. Each round of technical and non technical was taken by different people. It also included a discussion via video conferencing. The technical questions were from UI and Server side coding, design and testing processes end to end. Non technical rounds were mostly of business knowledge and behavioral experiences.

Interview Questions

• All kinds of questions starting with basics to design and architecture. Lots of behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Technical + Managerial
    First was detailed technical round, where panel assessed technical skills. There were multiple questions on day to day problems that they face. On volume of deals that they get and how to consume and get risk report from that

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2010.

Interview

During govt ownership

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

The one to one interview wasn't was similar to the telephone interview. More testing of the deal knowledge and various systems I am familiar with.

Interview Questions

• The analysis of the deal structured by a competitor and its advantages   Answer Question