Royal Caribbean Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Springfield, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I went to my interview 10 mins ahead of time like usual and my interview was supposed to be at 2pm, well they were 30 mins late to my interview so that left me a little upset. The interview process was the way I expected until the end. I had a small one on one interview, listened in on some calls and typing test on 10fastfinger.com. I also had a 32 question online assessment that i did not expect. It had math involved and a lot of reading. First of all I suck at math and had no tools like a calculator (the test did say it was monitoring my actions on the computer so I don't know if they wanted me to use the computer calculators or not). I also need glasses to read a lot of text and I didn't have those. Overall I don't expect a call back

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

3 team interview, asking what would you do situation, they call me one last time to let me know I was one of the candidates they would select but at the end did not call anymore

Interview Questions

• If you are able to work over time   6 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR and had a phone call with them. It wasn't really anything more than a screener and I scheduled my next call with the manager the next week. The phone call only lasted 30 minutes and was basic fit questions and why I was interested in the internship and company. This was the final round. Heard back that I wasn't getting the offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Royal Carribean? Why do people go on cruises?   4 Answers

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my schools career fair. Was able to land an on campus interview followed up by a phone interview the following week. The woman I interviewed with on campus was very friendly and straightforward. The two people who interviewed me over the phone were not rude by any means, but right off the bat sounded disinterested.

Operations Research Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The on-site interview was 3.5 hours in four different meetings with different people each. The second meeting was with a VP heading the optimization department. Everyone was not just polite but also nice. I have a positive experience from the whole interview process.

The questions ranged from (i) requests to describe previous operations research tasks I have worked on, to (ii) requests for explanations why I have worked in so many companies. The VP and a marketing guy asked me to tell them how would I talk to business, non-technical people.

Almost none of the group talked about themselves or their accomplishments and ambitions. The focus was on me.

In the last meeting with the hiring manager I figured that I am over-qualified for the job. The job itself might be intellectually challenging enough, but I did not see it as particularly demanding of my skill-set range. (Which considered together with the salary they are offering makes sense.)

They said they are going to pass on me because, although I have a great skill-set, I am not a good cultural fit and did not show myself professionally enough.

I assume this can be explained with my style of talking about mathematical and research subjects and observations feedback I give. Those are very suitable for start-ups that try to develop disruptive technologies (or think they do.) Apparently not so much for that group.

I am giving four stars out of five because, well, they could have been more accommodating than that they were. Like (i) offering drinks and snacks, and (ii) trying to sell the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe how Shazam works.   1 Answer
    • How do you approach the modeling of a new business problem? How do you explain methods and expectations to stake-holders?   1 Answer
    • Why have you worked in so many companies? Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Royal Caribbean talent recruiter about 3 weeks after I submitted the application online. She called me and did a screening. Four days later she set up an in person interview for me to meet with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were hard! This was the most thought provoking interview I'd ever had. I was asked the basics about my experience, I was asked what would I do scenarios, current events, I was asked very specific questions that related to the cruising industry and marketing campaigns.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in May 2016.

Interview

-Beware while sharing Design Materials with them, some other candidates have seen their 'work in progress' and they are using the ideas you shared, as their own.

-Unclear and unprepared

Interview Questions

• They required a Prototype and Design materials   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

A little messy, the hiring manager took too long just to give me a date for the interview, also I had to go two times to the office for two rounds of interview, which were pretty much the same, with six different people asking the same. Very informal. They were suppose to call wether I would or wouldn't have the position but they didn't do it.

Interview Questions

• Related to how you handle the items that are on your resume   Answer Question

Cruise Representative Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miramar, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

You will shadow an employee before your interview. Learn and hear what they do with the guest that call in and then you will have your interview. The interview was 2 people. They were very nice and the process was fast. No longer than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you have had prior call center experience, give them scenarios, and to "sell" them a cruise.   Answer Question

Environmenta Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but to the point. Waited a long time. Thought I would not hear back at all. Then I was asked for a Skype interview. to which I promptly accepted. This was a comfortable and important interview

Interview Questions

• How well can I work long days with no time off?   1 Answer