Royal Mail Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Mail Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview Questions

1.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview

It was a registration event to check a 5 year history. I was not informed that a 5 year history was needed, it said they only needed a 2 year history. The shifts were first place first serve which was suprising as usually you get to choose when you want to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail in November 2016.

Interview

After you do the online application, all they really need is all the paperwork confirmed. No real formal interview. Although to be honest the process takes three weeks so I'd suggest if you're going to apply do it early because I did it late and didn't get either the time or location I initially wanted.

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

It was more about checking your I'D, I needed part time but they don't negotiate. Take it or leave it how I was told. The process took up to 2 hours , I hope I was in was given the opportunity to choose part time as i am.a student, I could have have to work overtime as well.

Interview Questions

• Had no problems with that as all was about checking your eligibility to work in UK . The difficulties were applying online , it took me years even forgot about it until I received the email for interview.   Answer Question

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, then received an email to book an interview. in interview they went through my application to see if everything was correct. whole process took approximately 1-2 weeks

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was only to go over all the documents and make sure everything was sorted and once that was done, you had the job. The most difficult part was applying on that and that was still pretty easy. No experience was required and jobs were basically given on a first come, first serve bases.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the right to work in the UK?   3 Answers

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

I wouldn't really consider it to be an interview, more like a registration event. There were no actual interview questions, you just needed to make sure that you turned up with the correct paperwork and a passport photo. If you got through and invited to the registration event, as long as you can do the hours, you have the job!

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hounslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Hounslow, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I was informed of the role through a family member. I applied online and the application was basic with details of my past education and work experience. There were no real difficult questions but it is important to be completely honest about your past as they may ask questions during the induction interview to trip you up. A month after submitting my application, I was called in for an interview. I was required to fill in various pieces of paperwork prior to arrival including the signing of permission to do a criminal records check and acknowledgement of the terms of employment. Upon arrival at the interview, it was clear that they were hiring a substantial amount of casuals as the queue outside the interview room was 20 people long. First you had to pass a documents checker who ensured you had all the relevant documents on your pre-interview checklist. Many were sent home as they forgot a photocopy of the front and back of their passports. Them there were 5 interviewers conducting the interviews which weren't traditional interviews. They lasted around 5 minutes and were focussed on ensuring the candidate was aware of their potential role (subject to change) and what to expect on their first day. I was accepted and sent to the next room to sign a contract. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I would genuinely say there were no difficult questions for this job role   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for the casual role