Royal Mail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.8

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postman Interview

Interview

Thought the interview went quite well. Didn't get an offer though. The manager was really pleasant ans the whole meeteing was very straightforward.
    Why do you want yo join Royal Mail
    What does good customer service mean to you

Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stroud, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stroud, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then had to do two tests.
    Then was asked invited to an interview. Had interview with one lady, very friendly.
    Interview lasted about 45 mins in total.
    I had researched what questions they might ask before, so I was prepared. They ask quite a few scenario questions, like give an example of when you've had to deal with difficult customer and how you resolved it etc. At the end of the interview they walk you out and then you have to read a number plate from a distance.

Passed interview, but no job offer.

Interview Questions

• What health and safety checks would you do?   1 Answer

Postwoman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bungay, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Bungay, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Friendly and put you at ease. Asked standard questions that they ask everybody. Checked documents before interview process. Also had to read and sign a declaration form. About 13 questions. Read a car number plate at the end for the sight test.

Interview Questions

• What checks would you make on your vehicle   1 Answer

Post Man/Woman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Solihull, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Had to complete a test online which included a series of different number sequences which you had to compare from left to right and choose if they were the same or not. you have 30 seconds to complete each section. If you pass this section and are shortlisted you are invited to a 1 to 1 interview, which takes approx 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Royal Mail and what do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to achieve something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to take a different approach to complete a task   Answer Question

Postman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Stockport, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

online test two parts. second part of test is checking numbers and they get longer at the end. The interview had 6 questions and also doing the checks on you.

Interview Questions

• About 6 question. Mainly on teamwork and service. Give good examples from other jobs. Saftey check list for the vans.   Answer Question

Driving/Delivery Postwoman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first half of the interview was the manager checking through my i.d/paperwork and the second half was the actual interview. The first set of interview questions are competency based and the second half are questions relating to Royal Mail.

Interview Questions

• Can I name a time where I saw a health and safety breach at work; Give an example where I have implemented change to improve efficiency in a job; Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. There were about 6 competency based questions and then the Royal Mail related ones such as: What checks would you make on your work vehicle before taking it out every day? Gave list of answers such as tires, oil, water, seatbelts, brakes, windscreen wipers, etc.   Answer Question

Postman/Woman Driver and Delivery Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barnstaple, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Barnstaple, England (UK)).

Interview

Lovely interview with just the manager. Did all the paperwork first and then he read out a set of std questions. .(haven't quoted the questions exactly but there were roughly the same as what everyone else posted on here). I passed interview but didn't get role ..now on waiting list.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Royal Mail as a postwoman?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent team activity at work.   Answer Question
    • Asked about what safety measures I would expect to see or be aware of in work place.   Answer Question
    • Asked me what checks I'd do to the car before leaving on a round.   Answer Question

Postman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Redditch, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick application acknowledgment and test arranged on line within 24hrs. There were two tests a number order sequence check exercise and a personality profile test. There was no email to confirm test had been completed, but online account indicated it had been done..

Interview Questions

• One month after applying on line application is still pending.   Answer Question

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Exeter, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

After filling in the application form (mainly CV and personal details) I was required to complete a personality questionnaire (no time limit) and a numerical type test (timed) within 24 hours.
    Within a week I was invited to an interview - this took about 45 minutes and involved checking my right to work, place of address etc details and then was asked a series of competency based questions (around 8) and job suitability questions.

Postman/Postwoman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Glastonbury, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online via Royal Mail website, very straightforward online form where you can upload your CV. After you submit your application you should receive an email to complete an online test to be completed.

The first part of the online test is a personality quiz to see if you align with the values required for the role. The second part is a test of your quality assurance for checking codes/numbers against a set of codes or numbers. This is a timed assessment which I find harder as it went along. And usually timed out for the very last question (8) before I have finished the last line.

After a good couple of weeks you may be contacted for an interview, at this point I had applied for three roles at different times and heard nothing from the first application and after two weeks heard from one. I was invited for an interview and given a window in which I could attend.

The interview was in two stages, the first was to check I had all relevant documents to ensure I was legible to work in the U.K. If you do not have this you will not go forward to the next stage so it is very important that you read the instructions thoroughly. The passport photocopy you should provide the out cover as well as the copy of the picture page.

The second part of the interview was conducted as a competency test, asking various questions to test how you perform in different circumstances, why you want to work at Royal Mail, safety considerations to look out for etc.. These should be answered in the format:
    Situation and Task, explain circumstances and the task at hand
    Action: what action did you take, speak personally 'I did...' rather than 'we...'
    Result: what overall outcome was from what you personally did

After the interview I was notified a couple of days later that other candidates had scored more highly but I could be shortlisted for other roles by using the link in the email they sent me.

Interview Questions

• What vehicle check would you undertake before setting off?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when their was a safety risk at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Royal Mail regard itself highly for a quality service. Can you think of a time when you delivered a high quality service?   Answer Question