Royal Mail Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Hugely unprofessional interview with the person who would be my manager and the person I would be replacing. Spent most of the interview talking amongst themselves about things that had nothing to do with the role, didn't ask any competency questions, despite sending a sheet of more than 20 of them to prepare. Worst of all one of them kept checking his phone. Stopped asking me anything after 20 minutes and left me asking them questions for 10 minutes. Felt like a complete waste of time from start to finish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

have to numeracy online test, as well as personality test and finally they give you different postcodes and numbers and you have to tell if they match or not you get 60 seconds and have to match 5 different addresses it has full stops and other characters to make it difficulty

rubbish process takes so long i have applied month ago and still not response!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Online assessment and then Interview. Interview with RM Manager asked different question and answered all questions. Team work, resilience, work under pressure try to give example from your previous job.

Interview Questions

• Team work, why you want join Royal Mail   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was scheduled promptly and timing was discussed beforehand.There were two Interviewers, both were very professional and were on time. Introduced themselves to me after I was offered a drink. It was more of a two way discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate a vendor's proposal?
      Have you handled a dispute within your team and how?
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I initially applied to this role through an online form. The whole process took about six weeks in total to complete. The online form submitted was quite detailed and longer than average, including competency-based questions to provide answers for. Despite it's length the system was relatively straight forward to follow with no surprises along the way.

Royal Mail Operations Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application > Online Test (TalentQ) > Assessment centre > Offer

I received an assessment centre invite a week after I have completed my online test. AC was pretty relaxed and just be yourself! The interviewers have no prior knowledge of your background so it is solely based on your personality. Do a lot of research about the company and emphasise the health and safety that they strongly live by!

Assessment centre agenda: Group discussion (meeting role play - discuss anything that comes into mind to improve the operation/business), One to one interview - very straightforward competency questions (remember to ask lots of questions - Out of the box questions), Case study (Easy + Straightforward) which leads you to a presentation on the case study - you need to present it to another interviewer! (Advice: Structure your presentation slides clearly) You might not have time to practice your presentation as you only have an hour to read the package, answer questions and arrange them into presentation slides.

The interviewers are genuinely there to know you! My one2one interview actually went overtime and had to pause there due to the AC tight schedule. However, the interviewer came back to me at the end of the day to answer all my queries!

After 3 weeks, I received an offer :D
    Hope this helps!

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The application process started with an advert from jobsite website. I clicked the link and applied for the position of christmas casuals. It only took 20 minutes for the process. I got invited for a registration event/interview after about three weeks. I was asked to come with my NI number, prove of eligibility to work in the UK, Prove of address and Passport. The interview was all about document verification and the job would be offered.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my the shift, I would be interested to work.   1 Answer

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

informal interview with hiring manager and then online tests required in your own time. This was then followed by a formal interview which was based on standard comptency based questions - 5 questions plus time for own questions

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based questions generated based on tests   Answer Question

Mail Screeener Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Took 6 months
    Applied thru Website
    Online test
    invited for centre assessment 2 test
    very difficult test related to mail screener
    than face to face interview
    Too much Background checking
    Very Difficult process
    Was offered job
    after that 1 week training in different depot
    they pay for hotel expenses
    During job lots of test
    Good people
    Good team work

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was sat in a room with two senior managers, one from the depot I was applying too and one from another division. Was welcomed by the external manager who made me feel at ease. The depot manager was a bit more business like and not as friendly. The seating arrangement was informal being sat in effectively the office at a desk rather than a meeting room. There were a few interruptions by other managers during the interview which might throw some people.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions relating to various scenarios and what I would do in that situation. Questions relating to situations in previous employment where I demonstrated certain competencies. Questions about what I know about Royal Mail.   Answer Question