Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.4

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

A pre interview test on basic skills, followed by an in-person interview with a panel of four people. Was quite straight forward and easy. RMIT HR communicated with me every step of the way and there were no lengthy delays.

Seasonal Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology in December 2012.

Interview

Very simple, talked to the supervisor and got the job -- i was a research fellow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None at all

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process. Was simply a training and induction program for students who were eligible to become a mentor based on their academic performance in their previous study

Interview Questions

• they didnt ask anything, it was simply a 2 hour training session   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative and engaging. They explained the role in detail and we talked about the skills and capabilities I would be able to bring to the role and add value on some of the interesting stuff the team was working on.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

A pretty standard panel interview overall, there were three panel members who all took turn asking questions. The questions were mostly behavioral questions and I was asked to prepare a short presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Swift but the period after the initial negotiation took forever - uni bureaucracy.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online through RMIT CareerHub. Received an email from interviewer within two weeks to confirm a meeting time. Met with a panel of three interviewers for 45 minutes. Most questions were concerning teaching experience, technical skills, and online learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the online student learning experience?   1 Answer

Pilot Plant Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Progressed to 1st stage only. Interview conducted by unqualified panellists. Professors and academia are not exactly HR qualified. Leave this to trained interviewers. Conducted by 5, this was a non behavioural.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 10 mins. Informal chat talking about the business and what it offers the public.
    I then had the chance to ask questions about facilities, set-up and days of work. Also whether the premises would be suitable for my practice and we would be splitting costs or I would be paying rent.
    Details would need to be finalised at next meeting.
    The interview process was easy but I expect the negotiating stage will be challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I still have to meet with another partner in the company to negotiate terms and conditions.
    I think the negotiating process will be a step up in terms of difficulty. I will have a set of questions for the other party and some idea of boundaries in terms of general up-keep of the premises, hours of operation and access, timetabling of appointments, administration, record keeping, advertising and social media.

Space Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Application, phone interview with HR, face to face interview with manager, got the offer within a week, fairly standard process, normal behavior question, quite informal, more like a friendly conversation

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

Interview, followed by phone call, followed by Executive director meeting. Experience was fast and efficient and was conducted more like a discussion however this was because in engaged them in that manner. Pleasant group of people and good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was good if a little unclear at the beginning regarding what the options where for salary etc.