Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology

2.4

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

A pre interview test on basic skills, followed by an in-person interview with a panel of four people. Was quite straight forward and easy. RMIT HR communicated with me every step of the way and there were no lengthy delays.

Seasonal Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology in December 2012.

Interview

Very simple, talked to the supervisor and got the job -- i was a research fellow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None at all

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2018.

Interview

Firstly, having the oral interview to realise the background and specialisations of every candidates. Secondly, conducting the simple logic test for candidates. Eventually, they will send the result to candidates after 1 week.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

Pump and dump recruitment. Build you up only to never reply to you, despite sitting multiple interviews.

Meeting invites not sent, dishonest time lines, poor understanding of roles actual function, very unwelcoming (didn't even offer a glass of water).

Line managers of position were knowledgable, polite and courteous.

Overall process demonstrated a lack of respect for potential employees time and efforts. This could be an indicator of why RMIT Online is suffering unusualy high staff turnover rates.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2009.

Interview

face to face interview

Interview Questions

• why did you select to come to RMIT   1 Answer

Negotiation

was not negotiated. just accepted

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

Interview, followed by phone call, followed by Executive director meeting. Experience was fast and efficient and was conducted more like a discussion however this was because in engaged them in that manner. Pleasant group of people and good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was good if a little unclear at the beginning regarding what the options where for salary etc.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2010.

Interview

Heard about the job from a friend. Interview was a sit down meeting with two senior lecturers. I had previously written a similar subject so I had a syllabus and class notes I'd designed to talk about which dominated the discussion. I never felt too pressured and they were genuinely interested in finding out my skills and not overly testing me.

Interview Questions

• Is education your planned careerer path? (it's not)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, doesn't really happen at non senior positions at university.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to inform me that I have been shortlisted for the interview round and then HR followed up with the interview dates. It was a Skype interview

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

a panel of academics asked questions. including three professors.
    some typical questions such as why you chose RMIT?
    I also asked them questions about what are the available resources for me as a lecturer at RMIT. in terms of funding to attract PhD students and so on.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative and engaging. They explained the role in detail and we talked about the skills and capabilities I would be able to bring to the role and add value on some of the interesting stuff the team was working on.