Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Royal United Mortgage

2.9

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2019.

Interview

Easy, more of casual talking. Nothing was explained in depth about the job. They make false hopes and dreams and shut them down. They will try to take this review off.

Interview Questions

• Do you wish you were still in college?   1 Answer

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from a recruiter. Was told I had to pass a credit check before I could even have an actual person interview. Passed the credit check and went on to in person interview which lasted 2 minutes then was put in front of a computer for assessments. That hurdle completed, then had to go back to watch people make calls to people that NEVER answered. Followed by a five minute conversation with a team lead about the crazy compensation structure. How do they pick people to work there based on credit and basic math tests? Who cares if people are qualified, just put them in if they know math and pay their bills on time?

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

first they do a phone interview and then ask you fill out another application over their website.
    they will send tons of reminders so you won't forget about the interview

Interview Questions

• after going thru personality and analytical quiz which took nearly half an hour 3 words would describe you best?Asked me is there anything specific that I would not like doing ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was with a recruiter, had to take a prescreen IQ test in order to be moved to second round. Second round was with VP of sales, interview took around 45 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• What would you want your gravestone to read?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in August 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview due to my location at the time. The interviewer, my current boss, said the call would last about an hour, and it did almost to the minute.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview on the telephone (15 minutes), 2nd interview on the telephone (1 hour approx), 3rd interview in person at RUM (1 hour approx). I was told to dress business professional, so I did. However, VP who interviewed me was in jeans, a T shirt, tennis shoes, and a zip up hoodie. I soon realized the dress code was very relaxed at RUM...but it was odd, especially for an interview I was told to dress business professional for. When I was given a tour of the facility, it was obvious I was there for an interview/out of place, because of my attire. A lot of cussing going on. An employee zipping through on a hoverboard...people in charge were yelling at employees...it was just different. . It did give me an idea of how the tone/culture was going to be for this company.

Interview Questions

• He asked me what type of role I usually took on, if I were in a team type situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were none. Flat rate, non negotiable, flat rate, yearly salary. Bonus and commissions were commiserate with performance/Loans/etc.

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Fishers, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Everyone was so welcoming and really informed me about the company and the job. After sitting down with the VP at my first interview, I knew I wanted to work here. The energy in the office and the atmosphere was so inviting and I wanted what they had. I will be 41 in a few days, and of all the places I have been and worked I have never been in a friendlier and more positive place like Royal United Mortgage. I am very excited to start my new career with them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was looking for a new career?   1 Answer

Senior Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

It was thorough and transparent. They did not sugar-coat what the job entailed or what was expected. They stressed that the compensation is very good, as long as you're willing to work for it, and the job itself is interesting and keeps you focused, as you are dealing with individual situations, which are always different.

Interview Questions

• Every question pertained to the job itself and how capable I would be at doing the actual sales and pass the federal exam.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Management are looking for driven individuals who are hungry. Be sure to be confident. You are going to get situational queations that you will have to react on immediately. Also be very positive. We work in a very positive atmosphere and are looking to continue the same way

Interview Questions

• This environment is very competitive, how do you stay motivated, compete with others and how will you rise to the top?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Recently changed, questions are sometimes odd and off putting but it the reaction to pressure that is being looked at. they only want the best or those that can be taught to be the best so bring your A game and be ready to sell something in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none