Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

3 part interview process. Initial phone interview, a quick personality assessment on second interview, then a face to face interview to complete the process. Met with founder of company to discuss position and how I would fit in. Asked questions of me about me, not my past experience. Very professional interview

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Westfield, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very negative experience. Was contacted by recruiter, and had about a 10 minute conversation. From there was invited in for an in person interview. When I arrived at the office a gentleman was sitting there in boots and sweat pants who was already hired and was there for his 3rd go around for his test. Talked negative about the test and training and said no one in his training class was passing the test. After I was greeted I had a 5 minute interview which in no way is standard, then put in front of a computer for an aptitude test. Took the test and left and now have heard nothing back. Very unprofessional and they seem to lack professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

Jun 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. Our interview process is such that a phone interview, a brief in person interview with the recruiter and then an aptitude... More

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

It was one of the most unprofessional interview processes I have ever been a part of. I accommodate the 9am request get all dressed up have to walk thru the sales floor to back conference room some random guy screams to skip all math questions, then comes in and explains math questions take to long to just click a button & move on. I take the test, he comes in says I scored an 18 and basically had no interest in moving forward in the interview but then proceeds to tell me how amazing of a company Royal Mortgage is and how great it is to work there . No discussion of previous work history or background. Just here's a test of puzzles and math questions but skip the math questions. I get that statistics show maybe I wouldn't of done well on the federal exam- but what a joke of experience and poor reflection of the company. Again I thank you and the original recruiter for the initial conversations but thought i'd at least give you guys some feedback on how unprofessional and pretty humiliating process that was.

If they're not gonna hire based on the test scores- at least take the time and have a conversation with the person so they at least feel like a human being. I will add to glassdoor and indeed reviews. Hopefully they can improve the experience for the next candidate.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

May 23, 2017

As the Dir. of Human Resources I want to first apologize to the candidate who wrote this review, as well as thank them for their feedback. The interview process is our first opportunity to make a... More

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Brief in-person interview followed by Wonderlic test. Called back after that for in-person interview with a sales VP. Very thorough, tough interview. Be ready to not just give answers but defend and sell your answers. Gave me a good feel for the environment.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, "if you were X and I gave you choice 1 and 2, which would you choose and why?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

My initial visit lasted less than hour and was conducted by an employee I met at a recent job fair. Half the time was spent answering questions I'd prepared and the remainder was reserved for a pair of timed cognitive and personality assessments. I'm pleased to mention that my contact from the job fair invited me to an interview before I completed an application for this position. Our chat and my resume was enough to get me in the door!

The next morning I was asked to return for a second interview (with a different employee) which I completed this afternoon. This time the focus was more on myself and career history. I used it as an opportunity to explain how my prior experience giving guidance to the public in two previous jobs could serve the company well. Again, this lasted about 3/4 of an hour and I came prepared with five questions that were answered thoroughly.

Now I am awaiting the result of these appointments--which will hopefully be an offer!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process was fast. A Recruiter contacted me. I have industry experience, so I had several industry specific questions. The Recruiter was unable to answer the questions and said it would be good for me to ask during the interview.

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from a recruiter. Was told I had to pass a credit check before I could even have an actual person interview. Passed the credit check and went on to in person interview which lasted 2 minutes then was put in front of a computer for assessments. That hurdle completed, then had to go back to watch people make calls to people that NEVER answered. Followed by a five minute conversation with a team lead about the crazy compensation structure. How do they pick people to work there based on credit and basic math tests? Who cares if people are qualified, just put them in if they know math and pay their bills on time?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Two interviews that went really well. Second one with an AVP. I submitted my resume, then came in for an aptitude test, and then came back for final interview with the AVP that recommended I be hired.

Intake Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

I gathered documents for the processors and Underwriters. Such as payoffs and homeowners insurance declaration pages. Using information provided by sales reps I was able to verify employment and income and make sure we had a quality loan.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Mason, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, about 15 minutes long, then a in person interview with 2-3 people at a time. They look for confidence and your ability to think quick and lead a conversation, two things essential to the job. Every question is a test, be ready at the top of your game.

Interview Questions

• What's your top three qualities in sales, where is a area of improvement.   Answer Question