Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Royal United Mortgage

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied on line. Two days later recieved a phone interview that lasted apx 20 minutes after which an appointment was scheduled to interview in the office. Three days later met with V.P. of sales, he was wearing a t-shirt. Did very little matching skills to the position or discussing the position indepth. He said he wanted to wait for the credit score before moving forward. Asked two questions; one, "What would be your dream job?" and two, "What is the biggest risk you have taken recently?". Received credit report from company which had credit score in 730 to 750 range. I was told Royal has two locations, Indianapolis and Chicago, with the Indianapolis office having about 80 sales consultants. Looking around the office, consultants appeared to be in late 20's to early 40's. Disappointed that Royal and V.P. were not more professional in the last interview. Got impression that they were not actually looking for best or talented candidates but looking more for people who could work at a lower salary level and would respond to pressure and micromanagement.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Westfield, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very negative experience. Was contacted by recruiter, and had about a 10 minute conversation. From there was invited in for an in person interview. When I arrived at the office a gentleman was sitting there in boots and sweat pants who was already hired and was there for his 3rd go around for his test. Talked negative about the test and training and said no one in his training class was passing the test. After I was greeted I had a 5 minute interview which in no way is standard, then put in front of a computer for an aptitude test. Took the test and left and now have heard nothing back. Very unprofessional and they seem to lack professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

Jun 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. Our interview process is such that a phone interview, a brief in person interview with the recruiter and then an aptitude... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2018.

Interview

Met with management personnel. I was asked several "what if" type questions. I was also asked to tell me about the time you (whatever) and how did you deal with it or how did this make me better.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for them   1 Answer

MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

3 interviews. 1 phone and two in person. they have you take a personality test and an iq test before you can come in for a phone interview. However the recruiters are very nice but i think that is because they know.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult challenge that you have had to overcome and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

The office director was dressed in shorts which were fine, but other than one of the team leads I did not see anyone else in shorts. The first was with the director. Then, I was invited back for a second interview. The second was with two of their team leads. The format of both meetings was the same. During each interview, they asked about similar general questions. The questions were not extremely challenging and did not require any specific structure such as the STAR type of response. However, being that I have been in management and have facilitated many interviews in terms of questioning types, I feel the questions the asked were basic interview type questions. However, as I walked across their office, I think that perhaps due to unconscious biases, they tend to hire more White males than people of other ethnicities. What is more, women appeared to be highly outnumbered. I feel they want people who are going to say undoubtably that they are motivated by money. However, as previously mentioned it is worth noting that the majority of people on the floor were White males. With cultural awareness that always seems to be a red flag. Also, when you complete their official job application you will need to agree to a credit check.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

Jun 24, 2019

To our candidate, thank you for your feedback regarding your interview. Please know that over the course of the last 11 years Royal United has stood behind the premise that we make hiring decisions... More

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I went through 3 rounds of interviews. First was by phone and I received valuable information about the company and it's incredible work place culture. Second was with a VP of the company and was non-intimidating and extremely transparent which was a relief. The interview was conversational and not rigid with stock 'interview' questions. The third was with a Sales team leader and was more informative about the process than an interview. Being inquisitive and engaged is a must at this point.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my five year plan and what I personally want to achieve by working at Royal United Mortgage.   1 Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiting and interview process was what impressed me the most and really got me interested in the postion! Being self-employed in the past, I am new to current job interview processes in general. It can be a dreadful experience to be asked a ton of canned questions and being expected to answer in a specific format. I am in no way opposed to systematic processes, but some companies take this to a level that is excruciating.

I really enjoyed the free-flowing, relationship-based, conversation-style interview I had with my recruiter and subsequently, with my interviewers (is that enough hyphenated modifiers?). These interactions alone were what created enough value in the opportunity at Royal United Mortgage for me to take a closer look at this incredible company.

The last question in my intial interview was the best one, and the one I included in this review. Keep in mind this is a sales position where mental toughness is required and the ability to properly respond to resistance is one of the key differences between success and a lot of frustration.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if I told you that after the time we've spent together (at the end of my first interview) that I don't think this is a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Went very well not very long but to the point went over basic stuff such as job history what my motivation is,how i could help the company and how the company could help me, pay, it was a two interview process

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was three separate interviews. One with an individual I knew, the other were with SVP and a AVP of the company. One over the phone and one in person

Interview Questions

• Asked about life goals, background on you life experience also about what motivates you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and knowledgeable. They will ask you plenty of questions and will give you time to talk about your life and accomplishment and look very interested in what you are saying. They make you feel very comfortable during the interview and will not have you sweating bullets. When you do interview do not give the every day interview answers, they will tell you that is what they hear from everyone and to try it again. They want you to brag about yourself, be confident, and also they love competitive people. So if you play sports, or won sales competitions, or anything else competitive please let them know.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you over anyone else?   1 Answer