Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal United Mortgage

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

You will have a phone interview and their goal is to get you to show up to your interview. You will have a panel or a 1 on 1 Interview next. It depends who is available for your interview. Your last
    interview is usually with the VP but in rare cases it may be with a trusted AVP.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

3 steps; Phone screen, face to face with Vice President and then 2nd with Assistant Vice President. There was a short job shadow with a Team Leader to show me the ins and outs of each day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

three men asked me question based off my resume and asked me how I would use my qualifications and apply them into a job. Basic interview for first time- just be prepared to answer quickly and have questions as well for yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Organic and stimulating compared to many other financial services firms in Indianapolis. I would say that this company hires young men in their 20s to manage most of their operation, so they are moving fast and furious.

Interview Questions

• You have 1 minute to answer this question: what is 23% of $4700?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Go online and apply. you will get call and have three rounds of interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

I initially submitted an application online and found the recruiter's email on the company's website. I shot her an email attaching my resume for her convenience as I was looking for jobs and somewhat intrigued by this one, mainly because of the benefits and "flexible hours."
    She gave me a call within an hour (which seems a little desperate but at the time I didn't really notice). We talked briefly about the position and of course she was selling me on it, so I agreed to come in for an interview. My first interview was a few days later with a Team Lead, and in my case happened to also be an Assistant Vice President. The interview started with a 10 min quiz on basic math skills and comprehension of mortgage equations, i.e. calculating gross monthly income with an hourly wage, etc. After the quiz, the AVP came in and asked me some pretty typical questions, but a few I hadn't anticipated. An example, "First names only, who is your least favorite manager/supervisor you've ever worked with and who is your most favorite, and why?" Then he asked about my least favorite supervisor, asking what that supervisor would say about me if he were to give her/him a call. I responded truthfully and confident, that although I didn't like her/him, he/she would say I was very outgoing, friendly, and a hardworker. Within a few days of my initial 1:1 interview, I was called back for a second interview (again seems desperate, but still was not thinking about that, just excited I had another interview, thinking "Man they must really like me"). Before my second interview began, I was asked to meet with their compliance director so he could ask me a few questions and verify it was alright to do a background check and etc. After I met with the Compliance Director I headed up stairs for my second interview which was with one of the Vice Presidents. This interview was actually easier and more laid back than my first interview - not sure why - but he asked typical interview questions and just kinda had a smooth conversation. That same day, I was offered the job via email with an attached offer letter from the recruiter (again desperate, but I was excited at the time). The whole process was about 7 days in duration.

Interview Questions

• What's the craziest thing you've done recently?   1 Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR lady to setup an in person interview; I applied online so I figured the company was interested in my background. I get there, and the interviewer was late, and then looked at my resume and asked me 'why are we even talking?' And told me that he wasn't impressed with anything on my resume. He proceeded to ask me what kind of things I would want to buy if I had a lot of money. When I told him I'd probably be smart and save a bit at first, he told me he doesn't like to hire people who save and likes people who like to spend. He then bragged about how many cars he's owned and how many homes he has built at the age of 24. I wanted to tell him to quit trying to flirt with me, but I really needed the job, so I refrained from telling this guy off. I got the job. That's how much of a joke this place is, the interview can go horribly, and you'll still get offered a position.

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in September 2014.

Interview

First round was a basic 15 minute phone call.
    Second round was an interview with a more senior loan officer. Just basic questions about why you want to work there.
    Third round was with another senior loan advisor and VP of sales. Was told to leave because I arrived 3 minutes late even though I was traveling from 1.5 hours away.

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Had a great experience talking to her and then quickly scheduled an interview. The interview was a professional and positive experience. I was able to see how the teams were working together to obtain their goals. It was a positive work space.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Easy process. You start with an initial over the phone interview. If they see a match, you do an aptitude test and skills test. It’s a pass/fail. If you pass, you interview with a exec staff member. From there it’s hire/second interview/no hire. I went straight to hire.