Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal United Mortgage Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal United Mortgage

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially, I had a 30-45 minutes 1 on 1 interview with the Vice President of the branch, then I was invited back for a 3 on 1 interview with the 3 leaders of the sales team or "AVP's. I really appreciated this secondary setting because it gave me an opportunity to meet each of the leaders at the branch. There was definitely some pressure associated with this style of interview but

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure?

What do you bring to a team?

How would you respond after a day or week of no sales/low performance? What habits do you have that make you an effective sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day to complete an online assessment and application. They wanted permission to do a credit check which I denied as it seemed to be a bait and switch to make me a customer. I dont allow my credit to be pulled unless I'm applying for it. They never brought it up in the interview but the next day they told me the position was filled yet they keep putting up new ads. Be very wary. I dont think this is on the up and up.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

Dec 3, 2018

To this candidate who recently interviewed. I apologize if there was a disconnect as to why we request to pull credit for those who interview. Please let me explain; there are several federal... More

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview is a phone call from Headquarters. Second phone call is from local company. You will be asked to complete a wonderlic exam as part of the interview. Once completed you will meet 1-1 with the Branch manager. The last interview is with the Team Leads.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Great, looking for a people person. Someone who likes to have multiple conversations with potential clients each day. Asking about previous experience, and what has brought you to Royal. Making sure that you are looking for a career, rather than a job to get you buy. They want to get to know you and your family and get a feel for if you are going to be committed to your success, or just trying to find a 9-5 to get you by.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a job or career   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

My initial visit lasted less than hour and was conducted by an employee I met at a recent job fair. Half the time was spent answering questions I'd prepared and the remainder was reserved for a pair of timed cognitive and personality assessments. I'm pleased to mention that my contact from the job fair invited me to an interview before I completed an application for this position. Our chat and my resume was enough to get me in the door!

The next morning I was asked to return for a second interview (with a different employee) which I completed this afternoon. This time the focus was more on myself and career history. I used it as an opportunity to explain how my prior experience giving guidance to the public in two previous jobs could serve the company well. Again, this lasted about 3/4 of an hour and I came prepared with five questions that were answered thoroughly.

Now I am awaiting the result of these appointments--which will hopefully be an offer!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Two interviews that went really well. Second one with an AVP. I submitted my resume, then came in for an aptitude test, and then came back for final interview with the AVP that recommended I be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

3 part interview process. Initial phone interview, a quick personality assessment on second interview, then a face to face interview to complete the process. Met with founder of company to discuss position and how I would fit in. Asked questions of me about me, not my past experience. Very professional interview

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process was a little non-traditional. I was looking for a job in the Austin, TX area and Royal was one of the places I applied to. I received a call from a recruiter who did an initial screen and talked to the head of the Austin branch the next day in the phone interview. In lieu of an in person interview, I interviewed with a Vice President the following day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How well do you overcome adversity?   1 Answer
    • Do you consider yourself competitive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process was fast. A Recruiter contacted me. I have industry experience, so I had several industry specific questions. The Recruiter was unable to answer the questions and said it would be good for me to ask during the interview.

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Brief in-person interview followed by Wonderlic test. Called back after that for in-person interview with a sales VP. Very thorough, tough interview. Be ready to not just give answers but defend and sell your answers. Gave me a good feel for the environment.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, "if you were X and I gave you choice 1 and 2, which would you choose and why?"   Answer Question

See What Royal United Mortgage Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Loan Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

Pros: “- I'm not naturally good at sales but this isn't a sales job. It's advising clients how to help themselves better their finances which makes it that more rewarding - ALWAYS...”“- I'm not naturally good at sales but this isn't a sales job. It's advising clients how to help themselves better their finances which makes it that more rewarding - ALWAYS being pushed to be a better version of yourself from leaders - AMAZING outreach program giving back to our community, we gave over $10,000 last year to the less fortunate which includes paid community service hours - Team atmosphere lends to building close relationships with your teammates - 8 week introductory training to the job that is literally the BEST I've ever received - Bonus and compensation structure is more than fair for the work and has been recently restructured to allow more folks to bonus now than ever in an always changing industry - the sales process that is taught is interest rate proof which means job security will always be there plus it's easy to follow as long as you can TALK to people” – Full Review