Royal United Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royal United Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal United Mortgage

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

My first interview was with the VP. They got right down to business on what was important to them and who would be a good fit. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need to make each year to be comfortable?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal United Mortgage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

It was one of the most unprofessional interview processes I have ever been a part of. I accommodate the 9am request get all dressed up have to walk thru the sales floor to back conference room some random guy screams to skip all math questions, then comes in and explains math questions take to long to just click a button & move on. I take the test, he comes in says I scored an 18 and basically had no interest in moving forward in the interview but then proceeds to tell me how amazing of a company Royal Mortgage is and how great it is to work there . No discussion of previous work history or background. Just here's a test of puzzles and math questions but skip the math questions. I get that statistics show maybe I wouldn't of done well on the federal exam- but what a joke of experience and poor reflection of the company. Again I thank you and the original recruiter for the initial conversations but thought i'd at least give you guys some feedback on how unprofessional and pretty humiliating process that was.

If they're not gonna hire based on the test scores- at least take the time and have a conversation with the person so they at least feel like a human being. I will add to glassdoor and indeed reviews. Hopefully they can improve the experience for the next candidate.

Interview Questions

Royal United Mortgage Response

May 23, 2017

As the Dir. of Human Resources I want to first apologize to the candidate who wrote this review, as well as thank them for their feedback. The interview process is our first opportunity to make a... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

They wanted me to explain my work experience and not just read my resume. They didn't ask me specific questions but instead wanted me to present myself. They also asked me what I expected from the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in office interview. I went into the office and was interviewed by the branch manager. I spent some time with a loan officer and he briefly showed me the process. I was then interviewed by one of the team leaders.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Typical for a sales job; I've had better and I've had worse. There were multiple interviews. I was the best dressed person in the building. Which was surprising. Even though it's phone sales people shouldn't be walking around in shorts and jeans.

Interview Questions

• how much money do you want to make   1 Answer

Royal United Mortgage Response

Nov 13, 2017

To our candidate that submitted this review regarding your interview, we are excited to have you joining our team! While our relaxed dress code is something that our team members are appreciative... More

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal United Mortgage (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

This is a standard interview process. Phone interview, in person, and some times a second interview is the standard procedure. Be HONEST! If they ask if you're good at math and you say yes, be prepared to answer one. They are trained to ask follow up questions to your strengths to ensure you're not making it up.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at math? Since you're goal oriented, what was the last goal you set and accomplished?   Answer Question