Royall & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Royall & Company Interview Questions

2.6

Corporate Events Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Only had one round of interviews with the person in charge of hiring the interns. She happened to work in the department that I applied for, but she interviews every single potential intern. It was a 30-minute interview with basic questions. I felt like I answered everything well and had a ton of relevant experience, but didn't get the internship. For such an intensive application (they require a letter of recommendation), they should offer more than one round of interviews with various people in the company. She also gave me my decision within one week.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

They were pretty thorough. Asked lots of questions and I was given a number of scenario-based questions as to how I would work things. Asked about my background/education and such.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via their company website. Recruiter contacted me immediately, and then I was put on hold for more than 2 months because they were "restructuring". I then had a phone interview with 2 software engineers.
    Then they moved me to a Skype interview with 3 more people. I was told by the recruiter that this would be the final round. After the interview, I was informed that I had received very positive feedback from all 3 of my interviewers and the next step was to talk to the Director of IT, which would be "more of a formality". Fast forward a week later, I was informed that my knowledge of databases was superficial and hence they had to pass. Never mind the fact that I was not asked a single question about databases in any of the interviews. After they turned me down, they informed me that the position had evolved from an entry-level role into a mid-level role and this was the primary reason for my rejection. It's ridiculous that they would waste so much of my time for a level that I do not have experience for.
    Companies like these don't realize how much their process impacts their candidates. They do not realize how important it is to communicate to the candidate what exactly the role requires and to keep them updated if the requirements change. Note that I was not asked to write a single line of code throughout the whole process and they decided that my whole Master's degree was superficial simply based on a 5 minute interaction with a person who was not even a developer himself. I strongly urge people reading this not to apply to Royall.

Interview Questions

• Difference between ArrayList, LinkedList. Business Intelligence.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied via Linkedin not for any specific role, but was later called up to submit a reference letter so I faxed one in. A couple months later, they contacted me for a phone interview and I was met by their manager and DA and Software Engineer. Then a couple of weeks later, I was contacted solely by the technical team and asked some java related questions to guage my skills. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Royall?
      What extracurricular work do you do?
      Difference between list and map   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royall & Company in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Royall & Company for an internship position. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. There were several people on the other end during the phone interview but they all took turns talking so it was not overwhelming or confusing. Royall got back to me within three days to let me know if I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the university you are currently attending?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online with a resume and letter of recommendation in late 2015, had a phone interview with my manager and recruiter February 2016, got an offer in March.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about an analytical project you've worked on before in detail.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royall & Company.

Interview

First did a phone interview. Second interview was in DC for a position Royall & Company and with The Advisory Board Company, who recently acquired Royall & Company. The interview with Royall & Company was easy going, focusing primarily on personality questions. Third interview was in the Richmond location, focusing mostly on experiential questions and how your experiences would allow you to succeed in this position?

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was able to meet with people in a variety of positions and with a variety of responsibilities. Everyone was amiable and I was able to get my questions answered in addition to answering theirs.

Strategic Leader Interview

Interview

Great initial conversation with recruiter, in person with hiring manager then heard nothing for 2 weeks. Then another In person with another associate, then a power day with 3 other company leaders. Then did not hear anything for 10 days. Very long and frustrating waiting period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What's important to you as a leader   1 Answer

Client Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then back for a peer interview and skills evaluation. Everything went well then they wanted to talk to some references. My current job vouched for me and the waived the references and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?   1 Answer