Ruckus Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.7

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Interview

All the engineers (except one) brought their laptop to interview room. They asked deep packet level questions by looking at their laptop.
    -->> Sir if you can ask questions by looking at laptop, then I should be allowed to answer looking at my materials. May I remind you that answer for the most of the questions in protocol are numbers. How many numbers a human can remember?

One guy asked questions about non-standard network topologies.
    -->> Sir, may I ask you to read and understand the standard network architecture. Just because you used or using some topology doesn't mean you can ask questions about that in interviews. That only scares the candidate about how chaotic the environment would be.

While switching between interviewers I happened to sit for nearly 10 minutes with no one in the room.
    -->>It only gives a wrong feeling about the place and people. It shows how much importance you give to the candidate.

Interview ran for more than an hour over the scheduled time.
    -->> This gives a feeling that your work planning will be similar. Your company is not going to miss the quarterly target, if you ask one question less.

No offer was given is understandable. But no feedback was also given.
    -->> Companies must understand the ethics of the interview. Candidates spend at least half-a-day with you for interview. Do you pay by the hour for the candidate? At least give the feedback about what they did well and what they have to improve.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter mailed me. Had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The recruiter /HR never contacted me after the interview despite mailing for an update.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few questions on basic principles and theory of networking. Especially IP and DHCP.
      Was asked to explain fibonacci sequence in C and a few basic C questions.
      Was asked if I had any scripting experience
      1 Answer

Summer Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Firstly recruiter contacted me and explained the position. Then there is phone interview of around 30 minutes. The experience was very negative. The recruiter told me that they are looking for an intern who can work in data centers like configuring routers and switches working on technologies like VLAN, wifi, routing protocols etc. But when interviewer called me , he did not know even what position they are hiring for. He asked me why are you looking too soon for the job as you will be graduating in March 2017. Then I explained that I am looking for internship.The questions were on kernel programming and OS which is completely different from what the recruiter explained to me. He was very rude.
    At last he mentioned he is having hard time communicating with me. He rejected me during phone call and after 10 minutes recruiter contacted me via email that I am not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Kernel related questions, Shell programming, File Descriptor.Explain projects.   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview. Then in person with multiple one-on-one. First couple of rounds was very professional. Last round of my interview was very unprofessional and no coordination between admin and staff. I was being interviewed by one person ( who was decent ) and in between someone else joins and both of them start interviewing. I really don't understand why I was repeatedly asked about skills I haven't put in my resume.Also that guy wasn't clear on what he exactly wanted to ask.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Positive interview experience. In spite of that got kicked out unceremoniously before talking to the hiring manager (final interviewer). Suspect that expected salary range did not match their expectation. Recruiter took the current salary information just at the beginning of the interview. Recruiter never responded to enquiries after that. First of all, he could have asked my expectation or current salary before scheduling the interview if that's a big deal for him. Or at least the company should have had a basic courtesy to respond to my enquiry -- whether it is a go or no-go or haven't decided yet. Something...
    Totally unprofessional !

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2015.

Totally unprofessional !

Interview Questions

• Questions on iOS/Android. Demoed one of my app in development.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A recruiter found me on LinkedIn and contacted me to apply for the position. I applied and had a short phone interview. I went in for an in-person with the hiring manager, and also met a VP. After, I was brought in for a nearly three-hour long interview process, with one-on-ones with a number of team members and people with whom I would interact with in the position. After the final in-person, they called me with the offer.

A number of things struck me as unprofessional or strange during the process. I was asked an illegal interview question and one employee even commented that people at the company were "weird." These were red flags, but the worst of it all was when I was finally given an offer.

Once I was given the offer, I tried to negotiate for a number within the original salary range I had given them, which they had said was within budget. When I tried to negotiate, it was no longer in the budget. Then, the offer was rescinded. I had mentioned the illegal interview question to HR, so this may be the reason the offer was rescinded.

The whole process left a bad taste in my mouth and I personally would never again consider this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty specific to position. How would you generate leads? Describe your experience in webinars. etc. I didn't really get any typical interview questions like describing weaknesses or strengths.   Answer Question

I was offered the position, but when I tried to negotiate, they rescinded the offer. It was very unprofessional and I would recommend avoiding this company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 with 4 interviewers. Each one asked different questions. Some questions were about what I did and some were technical questions. The overall process was not very intensive.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in previous job   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

After phone screen, went in to meet with hiring manager. Also met with another team member and engineering personnel. Very straightforward. Main issue was that there was a general sense of chaos and disorganization.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ruckus Wireless in January 2013.

Interview

Was fairly straight forward. Met the VP in a coffee shop followed by 2 onsite interviews. The questions were around my past and current experiences. During the onsite interview process, I also met HR and talked about salary expectations.

Negotiation

Easy.