Ruder Finn Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, good information and nice interviewer but they seem like they would hire anyone who walks through the door. They have very little current staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy, got everything I wanted

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with two separate teams on the same day. A Vice President and then a Senior Vice President and Account Supervisor. The interview process was fairly informal and they really just wanted to know about your experience to see if you would be a good potential fit. They specifically asked about experiences managing junior staff. They seemed to care a lot about the variety of experiences you had. When asking about the culture of the agency, I found that they did not seem to be very enthusiastic about it and gave cookie cutter answers.

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty normal. I interviewed with three different teams on two different practices. It was a two-way conversation with no hard or trick questions. Also, the fact that I had no previous PR experience didn't matter. They were more interested in how my personality would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you read to stay up to date on current events?   1 Answer

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy application that needed references. Surprisingly, my application materials were never mentioned again in the interview. There was a long period of waiting between the interview and the actual offer. At one point, I figured I hadn't gotten the job and was prepared to move on. I was sold on the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very pleasant interview. Seemed like they had their mind made up even before the interview. I think they look at experience, but I think "fit," is a bigger consideration for them, since everything that you do there is teachable. They asked standard interview questions: why RF, your previous experience, etc. The entire thing lasted about 1 hour and that's because I talked most of the time. You interview with the entire team.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I had three days of interviews with two people each day then a phone interview then reference checks and then they submitted the offer to me and I had questions and accepted

Interview Questions

• depth of my therapeutic category experience medical meeting experience   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Basic functions in the social media platform. I gained experience in working in a board room and being apart of a professional environment. Everyday was an experience I was looking forward to. My job as an intern was to research various companies and put together clippings of logos.

Interview Questions

• This was more of a conversation nonetheless. They want to get to know you.   1 Answer

Executive Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ruder Finn (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted full application via mail, was contacted a few weeks after for an in-person interview. Met with HR and 3 teams in the NY office for short (20 min or so) interviews. Heard back a few weeks later via phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation