Rue La La Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rue La La Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

2 people, several questions
    talk about your resume experience
    talk on the phone, schedule interview, come into their boston office
    person from hr, buyer and assistant buyer came in

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth at first. Simple phone screening, then invited in for an interview. Had a full day interview for about 3 hours and met with 3-4 managers.

Finance Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone screen. However the interviewer did not follow up based on the time line the interviewer had set. Still have not heard any feedback. In addition, the interviewer was late for the phone screen.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It took a long time to get an initial response, finally after about 3 weeks got a phone interview, I was told they where very impressed with my portfolio and I would be called back for an in-studio interview. I waited about 3 weeks before sending a follow up email, and didn't get a response. Waited another week sent another follow up email; 4 days later still no response. It's very discouraging and wonder if Rue La La operates in a professional manner. People are depending on getting jobs to survive, I passed up other job opportunities because I was told how impressed they are with my work and I should expect a call back. I'm rather disappointed that I have not received any response at all.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was with the Lead Photographer in the busy studio. She looked over my portfolio and website, asked some gerneral photo questions and then had me meet with HR. I got an offer later that week and accepted. Overall the experience was great as I had not ever been in an interview for a job (normally just show portfilio).

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with models and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via their in-house recruiter shortly after. The recruiter was the rudest person I've ever dealt with. He continually cut me off and even said the words, "I don't have time for this now.". He then asked if he could call me back an hour later. He was ill-prepared, rude, and continued to cut me off by saying things like, "No, that's not what I meant. Just forget it.". It was the most bizarre interview I have ever had and I definitely would want to steer clear of the company for that reason.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technology you used in the past that you're not very comfortable with using. (He was determining if I would "think outside the box")   Answer Question

Rue La La Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your experience interviewing with a member of the Rue La La recruiting team. That is not the type of candidate experience we want anyone... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews and video conference technical interview. Moved quickly. Technical interview seemed irrelevant to the position. Was rescheduled a couple of times but worked out in the end. Nice people all around

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA).

Interview

intense interview process
    1) HR emails you to set a brief phone interview
    2) invited to the office for an in-person interview with 5 different people
    3) send you a writing "test" via e-mail (have 2 days to complete)
    4) after that,HR e-mails you with an offer or no offer

Interview Questions

• What are some of todays' most successful marketing campaigns?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a very friendly and congenial discussion with a member of the technical recruiting staff in which details about the company's business, its core values, and information about the position were gone over. After this initial ten minute review of the company, the highly intelligent and driven CTO hopped on the call and started discussing in detail some of the goals of the position, market performance of the company, and the technology stack employed by the company. Interspersed with the discussion were targeted questions that both of the company members were using to gauge personality and depth of knowledge regarding problem solving techniques, as well as previous project work. It was a thoroughly enjoyable first contact with the company.
    A few days later, a call was scheduled with the Director of Engineering in order to discuss much more in-depth technical work, problem solving skills, and aspects of collaboration in previous projects. This too was a great conversation and truly highlighted what an amazing team Rue La La has on offer.
    The next day, I was contacted for an on-site interview. The company handled all of the arrangements and setup a really nice hotel to stay in that was about a 10 minute walk from the office. The day was filled with 45 minute discussions from team members ranging from CRM, Marketing, EDW, and software development. There wasn't a single moment in any discussion where I felt like I was being unfairly treated or 'put on the spot' for something that wasn't related to the position. Each and every person embodied the core values of the company, were incredibly brilliant, and thoroughly enjoyable to talk to.
    I can't actually say I've had a more relaxed, to-the-point, and professional interview anywhere else. It was a true pleasure to be able to speak to each and every one of the people on the panels.

Interview Questions

• Explain times in which you had to collaborate with multiple different teams within a corporation and how you handled it. Explain your last project in detail - what were some of the obstacles, what made you choose the solution that you had come up with. Have you ever created a software application that utilizes data science and if so, fully explain the implementation (whiteboard). A few SQL questions.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

I applied online. Several months went by before I was contacted for a brief phone interview. I was asked the basic questions regarding previous work history, experience, and skills. I was given a chance to ask questions about the position. Interviewer was knowledgeable and friendly and made me feel comfortable.