Rue La La Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rue La La Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2018

2.8

Junior Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

Phone interview which lead to an in person interview. In person interview was 3 one - on - ones. Very helpful employees and conversational questions! HR was extremely helpful and well organized.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

I applied online, where I was interviewed via phone during the first round, and then spoke directly with merchandisers via video throughout the second round. The people I spoke with were interested in my responses. When interviewing with a competitor, I was asked more cultivating questions however, which made for a more insightful experience and challenged my thinking which is what I hoped to get out of a learning opportunity like this. Interns are not paid, which is no longer an industry normality, so was unusual when hearing that a company like Rue compensates for meals while in the city in giftcards.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

I spoke with two employees and completed an Excel test on one of their computers. One of the employees gave a marketing case study for us to work through together.

Pesronal Stylist Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rue La La (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The whole process took around a week, give or take a few days. I interviewed on phone with a someone from the Talent Team, and was set up to interview with the president of Rue in NYC. It was a 45-minute interview -- thorough and detailed, where she asked me various questions about my prior experience and background, and asked my input on some scenarios that I'd be likely to encounter should I be considered for the role. It was very conversational, even though it involved discussion around sales metrics.

Within 3-4 days of that, I was scheduled to interview with the CPO and the VP of Customer Engagement, both of which went smoothly, because both interviewers were remarkably sharp, courteous, and focused on the most relevant topics.

Within two days of that I was on phone with the Director of Talent Acquisition, and he worked closely with me in developing my offer letter. The whole process took a little over a week. I joined the company exactly two weeks from the date of my second interview.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rue La La in January 2018.

Interview

Brief call with the recruiter
    It took a while to set up the next call with the developer.
    30 min call with a developer talking about Android.
    The interview went very well, but they couldnt match up the salary.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview, had the phone interview....then nothing for weeks until I emailed them to follow up, then I received the generic "thank you, but no" email.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

interview with three people, 2 associate buyers and someone from HR. several different questions but relative easy process. everyone in the office is suuuper friendly. Ask about their own personal experience in fashion as well as the corporate culture in Rue La La, which they take a lot of pride in

Interview Questions

• Past experience in fashion, what attracts you into buying etcc   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue La La (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiter showed me the company working environment. And then a senior software engineer asked me some questions based on my resume for 45 minutes. Last, a principal senior software engineer asked me some concept problems.

Interview Questions

• Give examples for Polymorphism in Java OOP   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, the leader had a tour for me and then I was talking with two of the data team. The first person was asking some professional questions which was a challenge for me. Yhe second person was asking some machine learning problems.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

2 people, several questions
    talk about your resume experience
    talk on the phone, schedule interview, come into their boston office
    person from hr, buyer and assistant buyer came in