Rue La La Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.8

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview with the internal recruiter and was set up for a round of in person interviews when they literally cancelled at the last minute and basically blew me off with no explanation

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was conducted by a recruiter who didn't seem to understand the position   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was with the Lead Photographer in the busy studio. She looked over my portfolio and website, asked some gerneral photo questions and then had me meet with HR. I got an offer later that week and accepted. Overall the experience was great as I had not ever been in an interview for a job (normally just show portfilio).

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with models and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It took a long time to get an initial response, finally after about 3 weeks got a phone interview, I was told they where very impressed with my portfolio and I would be called back for an in-studio interview. I waited about 3 weeks before sending a follow up email, and didn't get a response. Waited another week sent another follow up email; 4 days later still no response. It's very discouraging and wonder if Rue La La operates in a professional manner. People are depending on getting jobs to survive, I passed up other job opportunities because I was told how impressed they are with my work and I should expect a call back. I'm rather disappointed that I have not received any response at all.

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth at first. Simple phone screening, then invited in for an interview. Had a full day interview for about 3 hours and met with 3-4 managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Mostly technical, not particularly difficult. Partly it seemed like a checklist of skills was being searched for instead of a generally rounded engineer. Once you met some minimum skill set they were much more focused on ambition and interests. Overall a pretty good experience as long as you know what you want.

Interview Questions

• Design the architecture for a medium scale e-commerce website?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews and video conference technical interview. Moved quickly. Technical interview seemed irrelevant to the position. Was rescheduled a couple of times but worked out in the end. Nice people all around

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue La La (Cambridge, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiter showed me the company working environment. And then a senior software engineer asked me some questions based on my resume for 45 minutes. Last, a principal senior software engineer asked me some concept problems.

Interview Questions

• Give examples for Polymorphism in Java OOP   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Meet with five people during the interview. The Creative Director was not welcoming (no longer works there), the interview process was clumsy - I was not impressed and actually felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would grow the company and what I would change.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

First I met with a hiring coordinator, and was given a tour around the office. I was given some information about what the company does as a whole. Next I met with 4-5 people separately. The job's roles and duties were explained to me, and I had many chances to ask questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was contacted by HR. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in New York before they flew me out to Boston for a round of interviews with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was that I was told by one of the interviewers that his job was to rein in the spending at the company and it was his intention to make sure I was not hired.   1 Answer