Rue La La Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rue La La Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La.

Interview

2 people, several questions
    talk about your resume experience
    talk on the phone, schedule interview, come into their boston office
    person from hr, buyer and assistant buyer came in

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The HR division at Rue La La needs a serious makeover. Absolutely horrible response time, and time frame of things. I was originally told a decision would be made in two to four days, and it took a week and a half. I decided to make the proactive move to contact the HR person that I was in contact with, and the person set up an afternoon phone call to drag on my rejection. They need a serious talk about not leaving people hanging and actually keeping their word on the timelines.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple, the people were really nice but asked pressing questions, understandably so. It was a 30 minute interview, mostly behavioral and personality questions, sprinkled with some experience questions. They seem like a great group of people who work hard and want the best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, but also share strengths, weaknesses, what you like what you don't, and why Rue La La?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was first a phone screen, then an in person interview with 3 people, followed by a case study, and another final in person interview with 2 people

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth at first. Simple phone screening, then invited in for an interview. Had a full day interview for about 3 hours and met with 3-4 managers.

Finance Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone screen. However the interviewer did not follow up based on the time line the interviewer had set. Still have not heard any feedback. In addition, the interviewer was late for the phone screen.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It took a long time to get an initial response, finally after about 3 weeks got a phone interview, I was told they where very impressed with my portfolio and I would be called back for an in-studio interview. I waited about 3 weeks before sending a follow up email, and didn't get a response. Waited another week sent another follow up email; 4 days later still no response. It's very discouraging and wonder if Rue La La operates in a professional manner. People are depending on getting jobs to survive, I passed up other job opportunities because I was told how impressed they are with my work and I should expect a call back. I'm rather disappointed that I have not received any response at all.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was with the Lead Photographer in the busy studio. She looked over my portfolio and website, asked some gerneral photo questions and then had me meet with HR. I got an offer later that week and accepted. Overall the experience was great as I had not ever been in an interview for a job (normally just show portfilio).

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with models and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via their in-house recruiter shortly after. The recruiter was the rudest person I've ever dealt with. He continually cut me off and even said the words, "I don't have time for this now.". He then asked if he could call me back an hour later. He was ill-prepared, rude, and continued to cut me off by saying things like, "No, that's not what I meant. Just forget it.". It was the most bizarre interview I have ever had and I definitely would want to steer clear of the company for that reason.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technology you used in the past that you're not very comfortable with using. (He was determining if I would "think outside the box")   Answer Question

Rue La La Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your experience interviewing with a member of the Rue La La recruiting team. That is not the type of candidate experience we want anyone... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rue La La (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews and video conference technical interview. Moved quickly. Technical interview seemed irrelevant to the position. Was rescheduled a couple of times but worked out in the end. Nice people all around