Rural King Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rural King Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rural King (Knoxville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through three managers during my interview. Not one asked about my qualifications for the job or my experience. They only seemed to care about what Tractor Supply was doing now that they were moving in town. I worked for TSC at the time but wouldn't give them any info.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to get on as a department manager but was told there weren't any open positions and later found out there was. They offered me more money and full time so I accepted even though I felt like something was off. Later I found out no associates were full time.

Other Interview Reviews for Rural King

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rural King (Wentzville, MO).

Interview

Easy interview with the basic feel you out questions, then you will be told how they are family. If they like what you say and if they think you will not realize what is going on they will hire you. It is a quick eyeball judgement on the spot interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you report an employee for stealing. They do not trust anybody and they have a $1000.00 bounty on employees who turn in other employees for stealing any thing!!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

After I had taken the offer. I had a funny feeling I might have made the wrong choice!

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rural King in July 2011.

Interview

Job fair. Returned for second interview, offered position, Was given contact number and 24hrs to make decision of excepting position or not. Thought it would be a long lived employment.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you. What can you bring to increase sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation offered flat rate starting,

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rural King (Wentzville, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Rural King uses paper applications which they accept at all times and keep them on file.

Interview Questions

• Easiest place I've ever interviewed for. I found nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they are firm on their pay rates.