Rural Sourcing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rural Sourcing Interview Questions

Interviews at Rural Sourcing

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one in person.
    Very knowledgeable staff with a bright personality and an apparent desire to find the perfect match.

Interview Questions

• Being interview by a large number of people was slightly overwhelming   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Interview

The human resources representative told me they would be hiring for several positions in the next few months. She was a lovely person who was enthusiastic about me applying to RSI. Once I was contacted for an interview, I already had a job at a different company.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR, short after I had to take an online assessment for my coding levels. I got to second round online interview with a senior developer and another one for cultural fit in questions. Still waiting for their feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why are you here and what job you are looking for?   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2018.

Interview

If your application is selected to go through, you will get emailed to set up a phone interview. If accepted to the next stage, you are scheduled for an in-person interview and sent a short coding challenge to be completed before the onsite.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on a project from previous work experience / personal project. Explain design and technology choices, etc.   Answer Question
    • Various questions to judge your practical experience such as "have you used version control before" and "do you know what a linter is."   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a phone call shortly after. Set up a phone interview for the near future. After the phone interview I was told I would be given a date to go to their office and interview there. I was given a tour of the office, did an in-person behavioral interview, then a tele-conference interview with a developer who asked me technical questions. I was told that I would receive a coding test in my email which I took the next day. This test involved 3 coding exercises and I had a one hour time limit. Shortly after I received an email saying they wanted to have me onboard and would contact me when the position was available. About 2.5 months pass when I was asked if I was still interested and was given the job offer after I informed them I was.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Augusta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

I originally was contacted for a Database position, but the project landed at a different location. I had an phone interview, then an in-person interview with a member of the cultural ambassador team and a member of the database department. I then took a 60 minute (timed) technical assessment. Everyone was very professional, and welcoming. I was called back for a different position after the project landed at a different location, and repeated the process with the exception that the assessment (again, 60 minutes) was given online and I took it in the comfort of my own home. I had an in-person interview with two members of the team, who were also very welcoming. Very nice people, stress-free interview environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing.

Interview

Everything started off well and I was contacted within a day of sending out an email. However, after the initial response from HR, everything else was pretty terrible. The first phone interview never happened and involved me calling the next day to see what happened. Throughout the interview process my resume was lost about 5 times and because if this, who knows if anyone that talked to me actually had my correct resume. HR seemed to somehow find resumes for me that I hadn't touched in years and were completely out if date. When I went in to take the Java evaluation, the HR official didn't even show up until an hour later and I was never kept in the loop for any of part of the process.

When I was asked to come in for an in person interview I was asked silly questions from an employee that was clearly a novice with the subject he was quizzing me about. For example, I was asked in relation to Java, what the triple equals operator was used for. Now for anyone knowledgeable of web development, you would know that the triple equals operator is a loosely typed language construct, and does not exist in Java. It seems RSI doesn't care about experience so maybe he was just hired and was trying to learn some stuff for the job. Who knows?

The last part of the interview involved one more phone call and you'd think by this time maybe things would have improved. Well, the interviewer never called and I had to once again call RSI to figure out what the problem was. I was set up for another interview the next day and was called on time this go around. Only problem is, the interviewer once again had the wrong resume that was pulled from who knows where. Because of this, I was asked questions that related nothing to my current level of experience. Needless to say, the interview process I went through was absolutely atrocious and I constantly wondered if the terrible project I was actually placed on had anything to do with it.

Interview Questions

• If another employee was attempting malicious activities, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What does the triple equals operator mean in Java?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cut and dry. You may be able to ask for a little more in terms of compensation, but don't expect much. They're more than happy to pay you about as much as a secretary. Basically, unless you're coming straight out of high school with no degree, look elsewhere as this company isn't going to offer you much more than 40k if you're an associate and would much rather pay you lower than that. In fact, I knew an associate, with a degree, that was making 38k a year(full time software developer). If you do have a degree and decide with this place, expect to be paid the same as someone who never had any official schooling or degree. While working here, the fact that I had spent the time to acquire a Computer Science degree and also worked a software engineering internship was basically pointless due to the fact that I was working with people who had nothing but a recent high school graduation and was getting paid an identical salary.

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing in May 2016.

Interview

Not all bad, but some stuff that didn't sit well with me. The person missed my first interview, so we had to reschedule. It was on the phone and they emailed back like they met me in person - seemed unorganized/disconnected? Also got some slight rudeness here and there.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Mobile, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Horrible! I was called by an HR staffer and told she would call me back the next day. It took her about three days to call me back. We had a decent conversation, so she said she would setup a technical review call. I received the E-mail a few hours later that the call would be the same day at 4pm. ... Nope! No call from the technical reviewer.

Next, take a look at their corporate website. It's a MESS from a web standards perspective. It's full of bugs and shoddy development. Note to RSI developers: Maybe you should get the broken links out of your website before you go around building websites for others.

Problems with their corporate website are really too numerous to completely list, but here are just a few: invalid markup (e.g., block element nested directly within an unordered list, missing alt tags, improperly closed tags), old libraries in use (e.g., jQuery 1.5 ... 1.5?? ... current version is 1.11.1), invalid CSS (they have no understanding of CSS inheritance or CSS shorthand), slow loading (3+ seconds) due to a variety of factors (e.g., render-blocking Javascript, no document language specified, no minification of HTML/Javascript/CSS, no compression of resources, no static caching, no CDN, wrong ScriptManager for AjaxControlToolkit, etc.), accessibility completely ignored (17 errors, 12 alerts, 14 contrast issues) ... they obviously don't care about anyone with a disability, and "responsive web design" is completely unknown to them (try opening their website on a cell phone ... horrible!). Oh ... and one more thing ... fyi ... Your Google Analytics code is in the wrong place on the page.

There is a prior comment here about senior management being asleep at the switch, and that seems to be the case. They either don't know what their devs are doing or they don't care. Either way, it's a recipe for disaster when you work for a company like this. Note to Monty: Get it together man. Business isn't all about marketing: You need to actually concentrate on hiring quality developers, keeping them happy, cutting the dead weight (yes! fire someone), and deliver a quality service.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rural Sourcing (Mobile, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

Rural Sourcing gave a presentation to my college senior class. I emailed the recruiter my resume and two days later they contacted me to setup an over the phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. After completed the in-person interview, which lasted about one and a half hours and included a programming test in a language of my choice, I was told they would contact me again later. For about 5 months I received a few emails from Rural Sourcing telling me they were still interested in hiring me and they were waiting for an open project. On the 5th month after the interview they called me and offered me a job.