Rush University Medical Center RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rush University Medical Center RN Interview Questions

Interviews at Rush University Medical Center

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Rush University Medical Center does a very structured interview process. Met with Human Resources recruiter or staff and met with the hiring manager. The interviews are average length and can sometimes be conducted in groups.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a conflict.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rush University Medical Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later, I got an email for an interview request. I met with HR, signed in, they gave me a parking voucher and a map to the unit I was interviewing for. My interview was with the manager and assistant manager of the unit. It was a friendly environment and I was comfortable speaking with them. I didn't get to tour the unit but the nurse that let me in was very nice. I got the sense that the unit was very team-oriented, which they actually stressed a lot during the interview. Overall, it was a pretty easy interview with really great people.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with someone that was different than you?   Answer Question
    • When you don't know or understand something, explain how you would break it down to understand it.   Answer Question
    • Why did you become a nurse?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake and what you did to improve.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

Applied online and received call from nurse recruiter. Interviewed in person with nurse recruiter followed by unit manager and a nurse on the unit. Interview questions consisted of patient scenarios and the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Patient ethical situation you encountered and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

Do not remember much of the interview process so I do not want to put question in. Met with head of nursing department, then met with one of the physicians. Interview process was quick as well as hearing if accepted. Overall, interview process was not very stressful or very difficult.