Rush University Medical Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rush University Medical Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Rush University Medical Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted via e mail. Never was called to confirm interview. All communication was done through e mail. Person contacting me for interview was not the person who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked which job i would prefer. This was difficult because my choice was between 2 jobs, if I gave an answer it could possibly prevent me from the other job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rush University Medical Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted via email with an invitation for an interview sent by HR. Day of interview I met with a recruiter who was extremely nice and helpful. I called her often regarding the interview process. She directed me to the NICU where I met with the assistant unit director who gave me a tour of the unit and then asked me questions. After the interview, I didn't hear for over a month what my status was and had to call several times to get any information. The only person who ever answered was the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

It took a while to break into the hiring system as a new graduate. When I did receive an interview, I went to HR and interviewed with a recruiter. Then he walked me over to the unit to interview with two managers. I would recommend requesting to shadow to get a good feel for the unit. The interview itself was straightforward and very typical of nursing interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Received an email requesting interview date and time. Short interview with recruiter, then met and interviewed with hiring manager. After that, I toured the department and met with the other nurses. Everyone was so welcoming and nice.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in July 2016.

Interview

I applied 2 months before I received an email to interview. The entire scheduling process was through email. On the day of the interview, I went to HR, and received a packet with directions to the unit. The interview was one-on-one. Lasted about an hour. I'm still waiting to hear back. She said it would be a few weeks before HR contacted me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email with a request for times to arrange interviews. They then arranged a phone interview with a recruiter and an in-person with the managers of the unit. Very kind and asked engaging questions. All together a great experience, I haven't received an offer yet but I did just interview today.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I ever feel taken advantage of by my co-workers because I tend to be very helpful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall process took about 4 weeks. First is a screen phone call. Then an in person interview with the recruiter and then the unit managers. It was a great experience and now I am so ecstatic to START!!!
    They also asked for references and transcripts from school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. All staff members were very welcoming. I was able to shadow in the operating room for a little bit after the interview process was over.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in January 2019.

Interview

I contacted the unit director and applied online. I did my immersion on this floor, so I already knew the staff. I went to HR to pick up my packet, and they gave me directions to the unit. The interview consisted of about 10 behavioral questions, asking for specific situations. We went over my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that a patient wasn't following the plan of care, and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • When have you had a disagreement with other staff members and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • When have you worked in a group that had conflict, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is your most and least favorite thing about this unit? (I had previous experience as a student)   Answer Question
    • What is a good decision you made recently?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in February 2018.

Interview

So I interviewed for a Neuroscience staff nurse medical position. The interview was by far one of the worst interviews I’ve ever had. The director and assistant director are very unprofessional. They were 30 mins late to the interview. They didn’t give eye contact. They were fidgeting and playing with objects while interviewing candidates. They showed no hospitality. They were rude and their actions need to be held accountable. This is not a team/organization I would like to join.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you called off within the last 12 months   Answer Question