Rush University Medical Center Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rush University Medical Center Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rush University Medical Center

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview took approximately three hours. You meet with a Department Manager, the Project Manager, and two Coordinators for the epidemiology studies. The coordinator interview you at the same time. All of them talked about the RADC and how it got started, the process for tracking the study participants and detail about all the studies for epidemiology and clinical trials in detail. As an RA for RADC, your are only working with epidemiology not on clinical trails due to the need for complete focus on the clinical procedures and policies.

Interview Questions

• How do you show initiative on the job? This was very easy for me to answer and I know I got it right. But, realistically, if someone did not show initiative on the job these days, you won't last very long with most employers and that will reflect in your work history.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rush University Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I endured two interviews for this position. They were a month apart. The interview did not go as planned. It seems as though the HR department dropped the ball, NOT the department for which I work. I interviewed with several people the first time, each in decreasing rank of importance. The second interview seemed unnecessary to hold in person. I was traveling from out of state. They offer absolutely no travel assistance and they seem unapologetic about it. Myself and former/current coworkers all feel as though the interviewers were not forthcoming with certain information about the job duties. One might even say that they purposely mislead interviewers into believing that the job is something that it is not. My best advice: ask as many questions as you can in as many different ways as you can for clarification purposes.

Interview Questions

• "Do you intend to continue your education in the field of [insert degree area]"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. You either want the job with the starting salary pre-determined for you, or you don't want the job.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the studies I would be working on and got a tour of the department and lab. Once I was hired I had to attend orientation which was the first day of work. There was also a TB test and drug screening which is pretty standard for the health field

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You'll interview with PIs and sometimes other research assistants. There aren't any crazy, challenging, trick questions. Just make sure you come across as motivated and excited about the research. Be prepared for a drug test and health screening (i.e., do you have your vaccinations) if you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• You'll likely be asked about your previous research experience, as well as your experience working with urban populations. Just prepare for these, and you'll be fine! Also, be prepared to talk about your interest in PhD programs. They're not going to want to invest in you if you don't want to go the PhD route.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process seems vague and secretive, the recruiters or hiring managers never set the tone of the interview. The Q&A portion of the interview started immediately without providing any insight on the position, work environment or company history.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in February 2014.

Interview

I went from being an unpaid intern to a paid research assistant so I did not have a formal interview. I would recommend coming very prepared for interviews at Rush. Typically when we hire for a position a person will interview with at least 3 people to determine their fit within our group. Normally there is a second interview. Jobs at Rush tend to be difficult to come by so interviews are given at a employee referral basis mostly.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in January 2016.

Interview

This horrible place ask to do more interview rounds than any other place in the world. It has a phone interview, writing three papers, 2 whole day MOCK trainings, and a reference check. And what's most funny thing is that, after you go thru all these, you get a $12/ hour PART-TIME JOB. People can wait tables and make twice as much, so bachelors and masters should stay away from wasting all your time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you'll get a call from a recruiter in the HR department. Then you meet with the lab manager and then 2-3 coordinators. the whole process takes about 5 hours to complete. Only one in-person interview. got a call back about 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process is actually rather simple. I applied for the position online, and the director of the department got in contact with me personally via email. He asked me to set up an interview time and date. Once I arrived, I was asked to wait in a small office. When the director was ready, he came in with my resume and cover letter, and we chatted and went through typical interview questions (e.g. tell me about yourself). Then we discussed my background and how I may or may not be a good fit for the job, and also about my career goals (especially with regards to the job I was interviewing for). Then that was it... I was told that he would be in touch with me once they have a decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: How much recent experience do you have and what could you offer to us if we hire you?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Epi Research assistant at Healthy Aging Program. Set a phone call with director. If accepted, there will be a training. After the training, it is the face to face interview.
    But ACCUTUALLY, we only work at Rush but paid by other institutions.