Rush University Medical Center Staff RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Staff RN

Create your profile to get personalized information

Rush University Medical Center Staff RN Interview Questions

Interviews at Rush University Medical Center

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process for a new grad was very easy. I applied online and then had a call after a week. First interview was with an HR recruiter and the second with the directors of the unit I applied for. I was notified for an offer, but turned it down. Rush seemed nice, but I chose to go to another hospital that was a "better fit". From their questions, it didn't seem like the unit was going to be very supportive as a new grad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a colleague and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I had a better offer on the table.

Other Interview Reviews for Rush University Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR which was a farly simple screening process verifying work history and experience, next I went in for an in person interview HR. This was fairly informal, basic interview questions and the same day I met with the unit manager for an in person interview. During this time I was walked around the unit and introduced to other staff RNs where I was allowed to ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with HR and also the unit manager of the floor. Was able to take a tour of the unit and talk to the charge nurse and ask some questions after speaking to the unit manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

The first time I interviewed, I was living out of state. They had me come for an in person interview. Understandable. It was just a drive. Left Rush. When I interviewed to come back, I had to fly in for a routine staff RN position. Last min. Really expensive. Good thing I got the gig. Hope they don't ask anyone to do this except for candidates they are pretty sure they will hire.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Tell me of a challenging situation with patient. Tell me your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question