Rutgers University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of an in-person meet up with the Human Resource Manager after she reviewed my online application. After deeming me fit for the next round, she scheduled another meeting with the department chair. The second interview was pretty informal and more about giving me a sense of my duties.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the position and if I would consider transitioning into a more permanent position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online, and a few days after the posting closed , I was invited for an interview by phone. I attended the in person interview about a week after the phone call. The interview (with two people) lasted about an hour. I was informed that there was another tier of interviews to follow so I'm currently waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the duties of my last (current) job at length.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Camden, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the recruitment website and interviewed in person with the head of the department I was applying for a few days later after they called me in. I started two days after the interview and pretty much actively trained which is something I prefer.

Interview Questions

• How much of a work life balance do you think you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

We met in her office and had a quick excel test. We then talked about my past experiences and how long i would be in school for. Then we discussed how much I knew about the nursing school and the program.

Interview Questions

• What roals in managmnt have you had   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

I had worked there part time previously for about 2 years so there was no real interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to answer what were the highs and lows of the position because I never really had any lows while working there.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

one voicemail and quick return call to ask general details of the job duty. Few days before interview, got two more phone calls regarding the salary and the directions to the office. The interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions. i was very interested in the job but i decided to decline due to far commute.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work overtime   1 Answer

Commute is too long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Meet with management of department he or she explain about the position and I give them my duties of my passed employment responsibilities. If we both have any question about the position to get a better understanding about the position we continue. But, if there question and conversation is ended. The response from management you will hear back by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with people?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email requesting phone interview at first, lasted about 20 minutes with 3 people asking standard interview questions. A few days later I was sent an email again, this time for an in-person interview. I was sent very detailed directions as well as an interview itinerary. Interview lasted about 3.5 hours, panel interview, everyone had a list of questions. Two days later I was informed that I was moving on in the interview process and they requested references. Two days later got a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Rutgers? What attracted you to this position? What skills do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a large salary range listed on the job description but they offered the starting rate with no negotiations possible.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

Started as work study. Applied and went in for interview. Then met someone the other individual I would be working for. The process was smooth because I automatically got the position because I was a work study student.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rutgers University in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview for an administrative assistant position in the main archaeology museum. Consisted of basic questions regarding prior work history, salary requirements, location, and knowledge of MS Office software. Lady on the phone was very nice and considerate. Lasted about 15 minutes overall, and heard back from them two days later.