Rutgers University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Graduate Research Assistant

Create your profile to get personalized information

Rutgers University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

2.4

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University in March 2012.

Interview

Contact by email, discussing about the professor s research projects. No interview, just wait for a month and got the offer. Background match is the key. Strong plus if you have related publication.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Basic questions about prior research experience, type of research, papers published. Also questions about type of research you are interested in and why you want to work in that research group

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Basically we just submitted the application materials then got the offer. The materials include personal statement, CV and possible publication. I wrote about my future career plan and summarized what I did in college in the personal statement.

Interview Questions

• No one interviewed us. We submitted the statement of purpose.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple, got talk to the Prof who like to work with and then if he likes you get to work. As soon as you hear from the guy give him an email saying you would like to meet him in person. It may take a while to get a one on one meeting sometimes be patient. Don't go asking for pay and financial support on first meeting. Work with him for sometime if you are satisfied then request him if he can support you.

Interview Questions

• be thorough in basics. Don't try to be smart, be realistic   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

A former graduate student called me and we had a friendly chat over my background and research interests. Then he talked about the wok environment at Rutgers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University in September 2016.

Interview

Did a data analysis problem about survival analysis. Interviewed about those questions:
    1. Briefly explain the reason why we do survival analysis
    2.Why do we use Weibull distribution rather than Exponential distribution
    3. How to select 4 important variables from 20 variables
    4. How to solve overfitting problem

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Got a call from the PI. We spoke via Skype. I then spoke with other graduate assistants in the group about their experiences. At the time, I was unaware that this is how they recruit.

Interview Questions

• What are the questions you are most interested in researching?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University in September 2009.

Interview

Questions regarding my background were asked. I was asked to explain in brief about my previous project. I was asked about my comfort level with relevant technologies