Rutgers University Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Graduate Student Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

2.8

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

Application was online. I was interviewed by phone with a professor in the department I was applying for. Also I was emailed by a few current students of the department to understand the culture and experience. Overall, pretty good experience. This is for a graduate program in Busch Campus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Application with a Statement of purpose,bachelor transcripts, GRE score, TOFEL score, subject GRE score and subject GRE score. It is helpful if you know what area of research you want to work in and additional which professor would you like to work with. Some professors do reply to personalized emails.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on skype and then in person after accepted. Interview over skype was quick, thirty minutes. Full-day interview after accepted. Interview full-day after accepted required lots of meetings, a little overwhelming. But it was good to meet other graduate students during my interview, I got to ask them many questions

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

academic course work, future plan,you have to introduce yourself and your interest of your research area. tell something about your achievement on academic work. why you choose teh university. what do you see iin 5 years. your strength and weakness. what have you conquered during your past and how do you deal with it.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward, simple questions surrounding the role of the position, who I would be working with, what I would be doing on a daily basis, and also the qualifications of the positon

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanjing, Jiangxi (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Nanjing, Jiangxi (China)) in February 2015.

Interview

meet with a professor on skype, and he ask me the both the general and technical questions like why rutgers, why quantitative finance. And also like what is option and some questions about stochastic process.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were in total three professors besides the dean. It took place in the midnight in my timezone due to the time difference. There were 3-4 questions mainly about my previous educational experience.