Rutgers University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rutgers University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Rutgers University

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with the professor and it takes only 15 minutes. We meet in his office and asked me if I have any teaching experience. Give me some advises how to deal with problem students. We then talk about the salary.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any teaching experience?
    Hypothetical scenario question, what if a student comes to you and claim missing point in grades.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rutgers University

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

No interview process occurred rather they opted to look at your resume and class work. From there they decide whether or not you are accepted into teaching as a graduate student. While it seems stressful, it really is not.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your dip in grades   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Application- email or phone call for interview - get interviewed at the location or by phone - behavioral questions- was later sent samples of work to analyze and return to view work capability- was later offered.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

I spoke to the professor, and he had written me a recommendation letter. So it was not a "typical" interview. However, I had spoken to other TA's beforehand so I had an idea what it would be like working as a TA. 20 hours maximum and you are paid biweekly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview

I applied online from India. In the mathematics department they admit students every alternate year (at Rutgers-Newark). They did not apply any graduate students the year I applied, so they kept my application for consideration during the next academic year.